Friday, August 13, 2010

Gone Camping

B1 and I leave after work tonight for a weekend of camping, beaching and boating. I am deliriously excited. The weather is supposed to be in the mid to low 70's during the day and in the cool 50's at night-just about perfect weather for me! The cars are packed and after what will prove to be a long day of work, we're off!

Did you know they now make graham crackers specifically for s'mores? They're square! I can't wait to use them. How is it that it's taken this long for them to figure out they should do this?!? I'm so excited to try them.

We're having beef kabob's tonight on the fire. I marinated them with a little wine, herbs, a dash of soy sauce and vinegar along with a special seasoning. The marinade was delicious so I'm sure the beef will rock. And for breakfast on Saturday B1 is making french toast. I'm told he makes excellent camping french toast so I'm (not suprisingly) excited to try it.

So, as you can see, my weekend is going to be heavenly. What are your plans?

5 comments:

G.W. said...

I love reading about your happiness and how full of fun your life is.

I have a birthday party to attend and yard work on deck for the weekend.

LceeL said...

Let's see ... plans for the weekend ... um .. surviving the heat and the yardwork. Yup. That's about it.

SilverNeurotic said...

No wonder your Facebook status sounded so excited about the weekend. Have fun!

portable Garage said...

Must be a great weekend. I am also planing our next weekend. can you share your french toasts recipe:p

Mags said...

The French Toast didn't really have a recipe-it was egg and milk with cinnamon sprinkled on the bread.

At home I like to use some flavored half and half-like an amaretto flavor to make it yummier. Alternately, I add some vanilla or almond extract to the egg wash and it makes it extra special.