Monday, August 09, 2010

God Rays

Thursday night I had a tiny medical scare.  I'm not going to go into it, but it had me very nervous and upset and thankfully B1-the amazing boyfriend that he is-calmed me down and made me feel OK.  The next morning I called the doctor for an appointment and by the afternoon I was in the office telling her what was going on.  She called in another doctor and within 5 minutes the words incision and needle were being thrown around...and within 10 minutes those things were touching me.

I didn't have time to get up or call anyone.  I was scared because these aren't things I take lightly and it was going to be a delicate procedure.  All I wanted to do was call B1 but I couldn't reach my phone so I had to stick it out and be brave while this thing was happening. 

I like to be able to prepare for these things.  Or at least have a few minutes to really think about them.

After the procedure I was shaken up and sore so I went back home to rest.  Before this happened, B1 was planning on spending the night on the boat, but he called to see how I was and I started crying when I told him what happened (he called literally 2 minutes after I left the office) so he told me he was coming home.  Really, he's pretty awesome.  I didn't want to stop him from being on the boat, but I really did want a B1 hug so I sighed a sigh of relief and went home.

So far I only have a little discomfort and no side effects.  I was able to go to the beach on Saturday with a friend and to a picnic on Sunday.  I know that without knowing what happened, this post is a little cryptic, but I'll tell you that there was potential for a lot more discomfort than I have.  So I'm grateful I was able to enjoy the weekend the way I did.

Yesterday I met more of B1's family-his Mom's side.  I love them.  They're so nice and funny and welcoming and I felt very comfortable hanging out with them.  It's pretty wonderful, meeting a boy who is so kind and loving and silly who loves his family and loves bringing me with him.  I told him yesterday that I love how geeky he is about how much he loves me.  It feels pretty fantastic to be openly and unapologetically loved by such a man.

It's Monday.  It's usually a blah day-but it's OK because I know when I get home, I have a little bit of sunshine waiting for me.

5 comments:

"Lois Grebowski" said...

Glad everything is all better and it was just a scare and not something MAJOR... Yep, he sounds awesome... Glad u got to meet more family!

And Miles To Go... said...

wow, I'm glad your okay. Your B1 is the best and for him to have a great family, that's twice the blessing!

Marilyn said...

I'm really glad you're okay now. ((hugs))

Thomas said...

Don't sweat it. A bug flying up one's ass can happen to anyone.

Travis Cody said...

Don't need details...just glad to hear you're OK.