Friday, July 23, 2010

Ms. Grumpy Pants

I am really very grumpy this morning. And my allergies are kicking my butt...I really hate being grumpy and allergy-y.

You know when your morning has a long string of not so serious accidents but because there are several of them, they all add up and voila! You're grumpy? Well...that's what happened to me. And I can't kick it, which is even more disturbing. I really want to go home and go back to bed.

I'm also a little sad today. I've mentioned to you that people always leave me, in one form or another. Every best friend I've ever had, I've lost. Either due to moves or fall outs-they've always gone away. (This started as early as 4th grade! Every year, they'd move!!) At my last job, I connected with a woman who was very fun and energetic and we got along really well. We hung out a few times and it seemed like we'd become really great friends. And then she moved to CA. While I made other friends from that job, I found it horribly annoying that of all the people I connected with, she was the one that left.

And you know why I don't currently have a best friend...if you don't know, go back to September posts. I'm over that by leaps and bounds now, but the hole where that friendship lived is still there.

So why am I a little sad now? Because my favorite person here at work-the one that cracks me up daily, that provides me with witty banter and reprieve from annoying people-is leaving. He'll still be in the area and he still lives in the same city as I do, but he won't be here. Working side by side with me. And while people always say that they'll keep in touch and that we'll remain friends, I'm not always optimistic about that. I do, after all, have reason to doubt that.

He and I are having lunch together today off campus though...so right now all I can do is enjoy that we're friends today...

4 comments:

Linda said...

I'm so sorry to read that your friend from work is leaving. It's always really great to have someone that you can laugh and joke with at your job and when that person goes, it just leaves a big ole hole in not just the office but your heart, too.

I hope your day gets better and when you get home, have B1 give you a couple extra big hugs to help the grumpiness recede. I bet that helps tremendously!

LceeL said...

Yes - do have B1 give you a great, big, HUG. After all, that's his job now ... you know ... to smooth over some of the rough spots.

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

I know how you feel, but we all move on and hey, you have one hell of a friend now and he lives..umm...WITH YOU!

"Lois Grebowski" said...

Read the three comments above me. I think they sum it up really nice... And who knows what new friends are lurking in corners you haven't ventured near....