Friday, July 02, 2010

Home Is Where The Heart Is...

Last night was our first night of painting in the new place. I've mentioned that there is a lot to be done-we basically have to paint every wall and most of the ceilings because of the grime the people before us left behind. I think we work really well together though, and we both are super excited that we're fixing up a place for the two of us, so it'll be OK.

I painted the living room ceiling...

While B1 went through the rooms (specifically our bedroom) and spackled. There are A LOT of holes and cracks to cover up. This is one on our bedroom ceiling:

And this is my cute boy working. Can I tell you hot he is when he's working?

And this is our view from the book nook. All of these pictures were taken with my cell phone, so they aren't the best, but you get the idea...it's prettier in person and when sun goes down and the city lights up, it's awesome...and I get to look at that whenever I'm reading or blogging from my chair in the nook.

Things I love about our apartment so far (beside the fact that it's OURS):

1. The nook-it's just my favorite spot in the apartment right now. Even when it's empty, it's unique and cute and I can't wait to have it filled with our stuff and our books (well, mine-he only has 4.*)

2. The fact that we're higher up than most people, even though we're on the 2nd and 3rd floor. That also means we're at the top of the trees-making it seem sort of like we're not in a city. You know how I love trees! It kind of makes me think of "A Tree Grows In Brooklyn"-which is one of my favorite books.

3. Birds. Because of the trees, we hear lots of them chirping. It's wonderful.

4. Our quirky light switches. Even though they are somewhat annoying, I love the fact that years from now-when we live in a nicer place-we'll look back and laugh at how weird this place was.

So, overall-as you can see-I am very happy. Not that you didn't know this already, but I am.

Oh...and the title of this post came from the first picture I posted. Which is actually a paint chip that fell on the floor when B1 was cleaning up last night. I immediately saw the heart and snapped the picture before he came back to sweep it away...the color enhancer even knew it was a heart because it make it red automatically!

Home really is where the heart is. And together, we've got lots, and lots of heart.

*Not really. It's a private joke.

8 comments:

Mimi Lenox said...

Oh wow. I am so behind on your life.
YIPPEE!!!!!!!! You sound amazing.
I am so happy for you, Mags.
ENJOY.

SilverNeurotic said...

So lucky! By the way, one of my cousins is about to move to Boston next month.

Travis Cody said...

Sounds like everything is coming together nicely. And that is a wonderful view!

Rocketstar said...

Nice view

"Lois Grebowski" said...

Your nook view is awesome and then some... But so is the boy view too (grin).

Yay for life!

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

super view..and what a lucky quirk of fate that the paint chip was a heart...

Desert Songbird said...

Sounds like you're having a WONDERFUL summer. :) I'm glad things are so fantastic for you.

Amazing Gracie said...

Just amazing how things can turn around in the blink of an eye! Your view from the nook is just magic. Good luck to you and B1!!!
~~~Blessings~~~