Thursday, July 01, 2010

BONUS!

No, the title doesn't reflect the fact that I told you I wasn't going to post and now I am. (Though, that really is a bonus, right?!) The title of this post refers to something that made me jump for joy last night...

Remember when I lived in the actual city of Boston and not on the outskirts? And remember that from my living room I could see this:



And yes, that was my actual view...I looked at it everyday when I woke up and every night before I went to bed. Yes, for real. I loved it and it was the one thing that I really missed while living where I do now.

BUT. BUT!!

Last night B1 and I went to our apartment to sort of say "hi" and to walk around. We dropped paint and supplies off and I put water and juice in the fridge so that when we paint tonight we'll be sufficiently hydrated. While we were looking around our bedroom, B1 started playing with the window. I went over and looked out and...WE HAVE A CITY VIEW!!

We can see the Boston skyline from our bedroom window. The location of our bed is going to be perfect too, because while laying in bed at night we can gaze out at the city and dream. *sigh* I was excited before but now I am super excited.

***
B1 makes everything better. Yesterday I went to see the apartment after I got the keys. It was my first time in there alone, and while I walked around I got a little sad. It was clean-the landlord had it professionally done, which was nice. But it was still dingy. And it needs a lot of cosmetic work. And when I walked around by myself in that big place, I felt a little overwhelmed at how much needs to be done.

And then I remembered my B1 and how we're going to be painting together and that we picked out paint colors and talked about the book nook upstairs and all of these wonderful things-all of them, together. And not being alone in this is wonderful-being not alone with B1 specifically is perfect...

I'll be sure to post pictures sometime in the near future.

5 comments:

G.W. said...

I am VERY envious of your view. I love the city skyline and wish I could see it every morning and/or night.

Even though I missed your Toosdae post, seeing your transition to your happiness can only make me smile. Congrats on finding happiness...and an apartment with a great view.

Mags said...

:) Thanks GW-every time I miss a Toosdae I can't help but feel sad that I'm disappointing you!!!

And Miles To Go... said...

YAY--now it is a PERFECT beginning for the two of you with that great view!

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

Hope to see your new city view soon...

Man, you make me smile every day now!

Mimi Lenox said...

Ahhhh....I am smiling too! Your happiness is contagious. Just awww...