Friday, June 25, 2010

Stupid Excited

Tomorrow is going to be a FUN day! B1 and I are driving down to CT for the first time together...he's meeting my family. I can honestly say that I have never been this excited to introduce someone to my family before. It's kind of weird, actually, but in a good way. I think he's going to fit in perfectly and I know they are going to love him, probably instantly. :)

We're leaving a little bit earlier than planned because I want to drive him around town a little bit to show him where I grew up. It's a really special place to me and the town itself is rich with my family's history. I spent my childhood wrapped in dreams of fairies and far away lands and I know it's because of where I grew up-surrounded by ancient trees that towered over me and let the sun shine through their brilliant green leaves. I can't wait to point out my favorite rock on the highway (yes, I have a favorite rock on the highway-it's a beautiful shade of peach/orange/rust and the way it's cut is so pretty), the lake that we swam in (and stood out in the middle on a secret rock pile-until we realized that where all the eels lived!), the little area by the creek where my friend and I used to day dream...yes, it's going to be wonderful to share all of these things with my B1. (If you have time, go read "Green"...it's about one of the places I want to show him.)

We're also leaving early because Rye Bread has a sleepover birthday party to go to...and won't be with us at all. I'm hoping to catch her for at least an hour so that he can meet her too. If not, he'll meet her next weekend when he comes to the beach with us.

It's kind of stupid how excited I am!

7 comments:

Melisa with one S said...

No it's not! It's totally normal. Have a fun weekend!

And Miles To Go... said...

I love busy weekends--enjoy!

LceeL said...

No, it's not stupid. It's sweet and warm and charming and none of that is stupid.

Have fun.

Linda said...

Stupid excited sounds good to me! Are you going to be able to sleep tonight??

I would be willing to be that my collection of elephants rivals your collection of elephants, though not by much!

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

I am excited too!

Drive safe, have fun...enjoy...

"Lois Grebowski" said...

So when doe we get to meet him? LOL... have a great time!

Travis Cody said...

Not stupid at all. Enjoy!