Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Randomivity


Why is cable so expensive? More importantly, why are they so insistent on giving me a land line along with cable and Internet at a better price than just cable and Internet? Seems kind of asinine, doesn't it?

Cats can't brush people and any statement that suggests they can is just silly.

It's good to be in love with someone as geeky about being in love as you are.

I would like to one day throw a party outdoors with lots of lighting strung from the trees, with hundreds of candles scattered around the place. Long, long tables filled with laughing friends who are drinking wine, sharing stories and eating my food.

And fireflies...there should be fireflies.

If you can't make it to something you were invited to, you should not wait until 15 minutes prior to go time to tell me that you are not coming. That's just rude.

It is dangerous to leave your underwear alone with certain people.

People in my current town are assholes. They are rude drivers and I can't wait to move out of here.

Seriously. If you are having trouble staying motivated during a work out...load "Mmm Bop" onto your mp3 player. You mock me but it's such a fun and upbeat song it'll help get you through those last few minutes. *Update 9:34am* Apparently there are others who love it too...so THERE!

Top Chef starts tonight. This makes me very happy.

9 comments:

Lisa Ceaser said...

How timely.. I was just shopping this week for better cable/internet/home phone rates. I only had two options where we live that provided high speed internet. And settled on our current cable/internet provider because it involved the least amount of changes. For $118 a month we now get cable, internet and digital phone. That saves me quite a bit because I was already payint $95 for cable and $60 for home phone!! Wooot hooo! I love saving money.

G.W. said...

I just called about lowering my cable and internet bill, and the best option was to add a phone line and get more channels so I can save $20 a month. Crazy.

OH....I watch Hell's Kitchen and last night I pictured you working in the kitchen as a contestant and wondered how you would do.

mmmmBOP? Ok, I can see it. I do have a Raffi song on my playlist

Mags said...

GW: Of all the cooking reality shows, I think that is the one I'd do the best with. Though I don't have a ton of restaurant experience, when I did work on the line, I was really good. And also-what chef can't cook risotto? Seriously.

THOUGH-the guy with blue hair is from Boston. He was on the radio a couple of weeks ago and said that for the audition for the show THEY DON'T COOK. At all. They are chosen off of their personality. Which explains a lot.

tegdirb92 said...

I would love a backyard gathering like that also! Make sure that I'm on your invite list :)

As for your "supermom comment" on my blog--thank you. BUT I am constantly tired--strike that--MORE than tired.

Have a great Wednesday!

Marilyn said...

Yay for fireflies! We don't have them here. I miss them.

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

Love hell's Kitchen though the no cooking during the interview process explains a lot! CRAB - LOBSTER...know the difference!

I love the party idea indeed

"Lois Grebowski" said...

I would like to host one of those parties too!

Amazing Gracie said...

I am so very happy you finally have a blue sky in your world! It's about time...
I've only seen fireflies once in my life. It was a few years ago and I was captivated. A garden party sounds like so much fun. We used to have them at home a lot. My mom was always in the yard so everything always looked perfect.
(Unlike mine!!!)
Thanks for commenting on my Chicken Nancy post.
~~~Blessings~~~

Travis Cody said...

I would never mock you for your music selections. I was listening to my Ipod, and a song came on by New Kids on the Block.

How in the world did that get there????

But you know what? I bopped out to it and it made me smile.