Monday, June 21, 2010

Our Apartment

Remember last week when B1 and I went to pick out paint colors? Well, this is what we chose for our apartment:


Putting it all out here like this makes me realize how blue it is. I'm OK with that, but we did pick a lot of it! What do you think?

Initially I was going to wait to tell my parents that B1 is moving in this fall. They are meeting him for the first time on Saturday and I thought it might be smarter to wait until they realize how awesome he is before I told them. But when I was there yesterday I felt myself wanting to talk about it and I realized there is no reason why I should hide it. Not only am I happy, but I'm also almost 34 years old. I can do whatever I want!

My Mom had the exact reaction I knew she would. She asked how long I knew "this guy". My father did his looking out into space thing and then later told me he was happy that things were "really working out" for me. He then expressed his happiness that I'll now have someone to share rent with-also something I knew he would say. I feel good about the fact that they know.

Saturday is going to be a fun day-though I'm pretty sure they are more excited to meet B1 than they ever were excited about me coming to visit. Everyone asked what we should cook, if we should do something special, what he likes and dislikes...there may or may not be a welcome parade...

I'm really happy that everyone is so excited for me and excited to meet the boy who's made me so happy. I'm excited to show B1 where I come from and for him to meet my family and to spend time with them doing the things we do when I visit. I told my family not to do anything special-I want it to be exactly what it is. Us. Having a BBQ, playing in the pool...that's fun. And with B1 involved, it'll be even funner...

Yup. I'm excited. About life, in general, but also about Saturday.

9 comments:

Melisa with one S said...

I like the colors very much: they're very serene.

It's tough sometimes, trying to be an adult when you're your parents' kid, isn't it?? :)

Rocketstar said...

Moving in, wow! Good for you, good sign.

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

This is going to be some special weekend...YAY

"Lois Grebowski" said...

"our apartment" I like that sound...

Mags said...

So...these colors look very different on my home computer-they don't look like they do in person...they are a little brighter in person, especially the kitchen.

Travis Cody said...

If blue is what you like, then you should have blue.

flipper said...

=) I am excited too!

Lisa Ceaser said...

The colors are awesome! So much better than dull WHITE!

Linda said...

There's nothing wrong with all sorts of shades of blue and of course I love the green for the kitchen as I'm very partial to green! Come to think of it, my kitchen is green, too!

So ... what time do you think the parade will start? I may want to get there earlier to get a good spot on the street!