Thursday, June 10, 2010

Lies....All Lies...Well, Almost!

The other day I was tagged by Daily Panic to tell you 6 lies and 1 truth. My first truth is that telling 6 lies is HARD! Thanks Daily Panic, for this "Creative" Writer award. :)

Can YOU tell which one of these is the truth?

1. I love chocolate. I love it so much that one year for my birthday my friends created a 5 course meal made entirely of chocolate for me. We had fondue, chocolate raspberry truffles, a chocolate and hazelnut tart, chocolate bread pudding and chocolate gelato.

2. I have always loved to cook and knew early on that I wanted to be a chef. The year I turned 6 I cooked our family's Thanksgiving meal almost on my own. I prepped and seasoned the turkey and basted it when needed, stuffed it with homemade stuffing and mashed the potatoes. The only thing I needed help with was cutting the veggies and lifting the turkey into and out of the oven. I also made the pumpkin pie.

3. I am a very tactile person and have often gotten in trouble for touching things I am not allowed to touch. This includes pushing buttons, turning knobs and pulling levers. After many, many years of wanting to pull a certain lever (but refraining for fear of being caught) I, along with a group of friends, pulled the fire alarm in our dorm. It didn't feel as good as I thought it would.

4. I have milked a cow and drank its milk.

5. I wet the bed when I was a little girl. For a lot longer than most kids.

6. I did not suck my thumb when I was a little girl. Instead, I would suck on the shirt of the person holding me or the blanket I was wrapped in. You could always tell who had just put me down because they always had a wet spot the size of a quarter on their shirt.

7. When I was in elementary school I loved climbing trees. I once climbed so high that when I looked down I panicked and fell what equated to 2 stories down. When I stood up I told my mother that my shoulder hurt-even though my head was cut wide open (to the skull) and was bleeding profusely.

6 comments:

G.W. said...

I vote #3 is true.

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

I also vote for #3

Thomas said...

I'm goin' with 5 (not least because I recently read Sarah Silverman's best-seller "The Bedwetter").

Lucy said...

hi.. i found u thru daily panic!
I too did this difficult task of lying.. but let me compliment you..ALL of yours seem like they can be true!! I am having a hard time deciding! I am going to guess #6 because I knew a child who actually did this! Hope u let me know when you reveal the truth!
hope u will pop in on my lies too!

Lucy said...

oooh wait... just read your profile.. can I change my answer to #2? haha

Daily Panic said...

these are great lies... for my truth guess I choose #6 because it is something innocent and a second guess would be #1,because theme parties are fun.