Thursday, June 24, 2010

It Has Begun...

Packing, that is...I took yesterday afternoon off to pick up some boxes and to pack. Because I am going on vacation on the 3rd for a week, I really have very little time to get everything done. Yesterday I managed to clean out my closet (4 bags of clothes-including shoes-ready for Goodwill) and to pack most of my clothes. I also packed all of my cookbooks (6 wine boxes), the bathroom closet and some of my hanging clothes in my attic closet. Oh-and some of the pantry items, too. Overall, I think it was a very productive afternoon. Today I'm going to try to pick up some more boxes down the street during my lunch break. Tomorrow I will start packing breakables. (I don't have enough padding yet-have to wait to buy some tomorrow.)

I also rounded up a bunch of collectibles that were scattered around my house. It very quickly became comical to me:

Yup. I love elephants and collect them-there are still a few more around the apartment that haven't yet made it to "Little Africa" (aka, my kitchen cart) yet, but they will.

And now for a sneak peak at where I am moving...keep in mind that it's going to look completely different once B1 and I have our way with it!

From top left moving clockwise: (1) The living room (2) Looking from the kitchen into the office-the living room is off of that (3) The bedroom-sloped ceiling (4) The nook-my favorite part of the place. There will be storage to the right, bookshelves to the left and straight ahead-a chair for reading!


Missing is the kitchen, bathroom and dining room. Those rooms were too small to get a good picture while the realtor was breathing down my neck. He's a nervous one, that guy!

8 comments:

And Miles To Go... said...

I LOVE the doors! Looks like a really great place to live and you two will be so happy there! Hoping for a stress free move for you!

"Lois Grebowski" said...

Little Africa... throw a ball in there and you may have a world cup futbol team! LOL!

I can't wait to see the place when it's yours!

LceeL said...

Holding my breath - hoping everything goes well.

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

When I packed to move to Memphis, I have 5 boxes of cook books...

Sometimes I wonder why and then BAM, I need something from one of them...so I keep them.

Looks like a nice new place...congrats

Rocketstar said...

Good luck onthe move, moving is a pain in the ass but also exhilirating to move to a new place.

Melisa with one S said...

Good luck on the move! Hopefully it's the last time for a while!

flipper said...

LOL "He's a nervous one, that guy!"
Awesome! I got a lot done too and I am excited for you and B1!!!!!!!!

Travis Cody said...

Looks good!