Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Gone Fishin'

To those of you who missed my Toosdae post yesterday, I am sorry...I took the day off to get some major packing done, buy paint for the new apartment (!!!) and to go to the dentist. All of those things combined meant no posting. In fact, I probably won't be posting much until after the 10th, when I actually move in.

Today I got the keys to our new apartment. I'll leave from work to go make sure that everything that was promised was done and then I'll go home to finish packing. 95% of my apartment is packed, I'd say. I'd like to get it all done tonight so that I don't have anything to worry about when I go on vacation on Saturday.

Yes. I'm going on vacation. It's my annual trip to RI for a week at the beach with my family. I'll spend time relaxing and sunning myself and then I'll drive back to MA and will move the next day. Needless to say, I'll be very occupied for the next couple of weeks.

Tomorrow B1 and I start painting. We decided to paint our bedroom and the living room first because those are the 2 rooms we'll use the most, and the 2 rooms that will have the most furniture in them on the 10th. We're hoping to have them both done by Saturday when we leave for the beach. After moving in, we'll finish the kitchen, dining room and office and the hallways. It's going to be a lot of work, but this time I have help and this time, it's not just for me.

Also, we decided to add an accent wall to the bedroom. Because the ceiling is weird (it's an attic) it just wouldn't look right being all one color. So, we added "Mosaic Tile" to the "Rain Washed" and got this color combination. The darker will be the accent wall...I LOVE IT!!



So, you know...life pretty much rocks.

I'll try to write some posts over the next couple of days and set them to self publish-but in case I don't, please enjoy the first couple weeks of July...I'll see you soon!

PS. Don't be too sad-you KNOW how hard it is for me to stay away!!

8 comments:

And Miles To Go... said...

It's definitely easier to paint BEFORE furniture. I read somewhere that you should paint and finish one room in the house so that you have the comfort of that room to go to during all the chaos of remodeling and moving around?? Love the colors you chose, BTW.

Have a great vacation! RI sounds like a lovely place to relax.

flipper said...

I love the room colors. It is a good thing that I will also be busy or i would most definitely have maggie moo withdrawals lol!! Good luck with painting. J and I may be joining you beach bums saturday and sunday :0) Good luck, I need some too. I am going to start loading my car now. Needless to say, i am kinda freakin out LOL

Mags said...

AM2G: That's what we're hoping-I think I'll ask if we can start with the bedroom tomorrow and do the living room Friday. That way for sure we'll have some place nice to sleep next week.

Flipper: YAY!! I am SO SO SO happy you will be at the beach when B1 is there. :) Also, I'm so excited for you-this is going to be such a great time in your life. :)

Linda said...

Love your color choices! Maybe THIS apartment I'll actually have the chance to see!

Enjoy your time at the beach and I sure hope the weather cooperates!

LceeL said...

Gone fishin'? I hope you catch a big one. *snicker*

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

I like the accent wall a lot

Have a blast at the beach..I so hate you that you are going to the beach...I need the beach so badly

SilverNeurotic said...

Have fun on vacation!

Travis Cody said...

Good choice to paint before any furniture goes in. We couldn't decide on what colors to paint in the condo when I bought it, so we just left the walls in white.

Enjoy the next couple of weeks. It'll be some work, but there will be fun too!