Monday, June 14, 2010

Bunching

This morning I am admittedly a little cranky. The minute I got into my car to drive to work I felt a little angry. Not because I had to go to work but because everything seemed to angle itself against me. I had to get gas before driving to work but the gas station across the street was closed. So I had to drive out of my way, which put me back about 10 minutes. Then the pump wouldn't start-another 5 minutes gone. For some reason I got stuck behind EVERY slow person on the back roads and then got blocked in on the slow lane on the highway. Last, one of the roads on campus is randomly being fixed and today was one of those mornings where the road was closed and I had to go all the way around the campus to get to the parking lot. So I was 20 minutes late. Grrrr...

This is all OK though. Once my coffee kicks in and I breathe a little bit, I will be not so cranky. And also, I had a really nice weekend.

Friday night I went out to dinner with a friend and afterward, to a free play. I found the tickets on Craigslist and though that it was worth a shot. If the play turned out to be horrible, we could always leave. The play did turn out to be sort of horrible, but in a funny way. 2 of the actors were actually good-the other 4 were not. There were a few scenes that did make me laugh out loud and at one point a woman in the audience was laughing too hard at something and that made me laugh too hard too. So overall, it was a win, I'd say. And anytime I can see local theater-and especially FREE local theater-I am happy.

Saturday was errand day so there's nothing really to say about that. But Saturday night was B1 night. After eating pizza and relaxing for a bit, we decided to play cards. Let me first remind you of my love of boys with backwards baseball hats on. They rock. But when MY boy wears his baseball hat on backwards, it rocks my world. (Man he's hot! Hmmm....)

Oh. Sorry. Back to the story...

So we played cards, listened to music and drank some wine. And it. Was. Wonderful.* Just doing little tiny things that pass time together like that really makes my heart happy. I fall in love with him over and over and over again every time we do something ordinary together. Because our love is so super extraordinary, it makes everything seem magical.

And Sunday...oh Sunday...lazy morning (thanks to B1's last vacation day), bagels and coffee and driving around to choose paint colors. Paint colors for the apartment we'll fix up together in a few weeks and share in a few months. Together. Colors for our kitchen and dining room, our living room and office...our bedroom. Ours. Together.

I just had another one of my moments...the kind when all of my love and excitement and respect and gratitude and passion for B1 bunches up inside of me and spills out all at once. That happens a lot. Last night as we were falling asleep I thought to myself....

"So this is what love really feels like."

*And not just because I won. (C'mon-you KNOW I had to say it, right?) :)

5 comments:

Marilyn said...

Your posts these days always put me in a less grumpy mood.

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

OK, I missed something somewhere...

we'll fix up together in a few weeks and share in a few months.

REALLY????


WOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mags said...

Marilyn: That makes me happy. There were SEVERAL times last year that your comments made me less sad. I'm glad I can return the favor. :)

Vinny: Yup. I haven't written an actual post about it...just dropped hints here and there. But yes, he's moving in after the summer. (WOOOO! Indeed!)

SilverNeurotic said...

I think mondays have a tendency to make even mary sunshine have a bad mood.

Travis Cody said...

I've found that the number of things that get in my way is directly proportional to the urgency with which I want to be somewhere.