Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Toosdae ?'s

I've been in love before, of course...and even the horribly broken relationships have happy memories and lessons that I still carry with me. But I think that have a string of really tragic love stories makes this one even sweeter. And being able to share this bunch of wonderful with B1 specifically is just mind blowing. He loves me-and not only that-he loves me just as much as I love him. In a we're crazy about each other and we don't care if we look like silly adults in love kind of way. And holy cow, is that ever refreshing, amazing, astounding, stupendous and unexpected...

Happy Toosdae!

1. Has a book ever changed your life? If so, which one?

2. Do you currently have an active role model/mentor in your life? If so, who? If not, have you ever had one?

3. If you had a snail that could magically grant wishes-what would you name it?

1. While there are many books that have made an impact or left an impression, I can't honestly say that one specific book has changed my life. I have favorites, of course, but life changing? I'm not sure about that.

2. I think the closest thing to a role model in my current life is my father. He's the poster child for change and re-inventing yourself and while I learned to adapt and change well before he did, I like to think that it's something I've gotten from him.

3. Omar. I don't know why.

7 comments:

"Lois Grebowski" said...

1. Nope, can't say I had a life-changing book.

2. Auntie Mame

3. I like your choice of Omar... So Omar it is! I have a question, does he have one of those funny hat, wrap thingies on his head? If so, what color? I was thinking purple.

Carrie said...

1. "Dragons of Autumn Twilight" by Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman.

2. I really couldn't say. I'm not really sure where I'm going right now, so it's hard to find someone to follow.

3. Alphonse the All-Knowing.

LceeL said...

1. Two books, actually. first - 'A Stone for Danny Fisher', by Harold Robbins. I read it as a kid, and it woke a desire to write, in me. second - 'The Hobbit' and 'The Lord of the Rings'. Four books, actually - but one story. It awoke a love of fantasy in me.

2. The men in my life, when I was young enough for mentoring, were all rather 'distant'. But the man who taught me the most about being a man, was Tony Zale, the former boxing champ. I took boxing lessons from him when I was 12, and he taught me a lot.

3. Yahudi.

Linda said...

1. No, nothing life-changing but certainly some that made me sit up and take notice; perhaps tweak my philosophy towards life a little!

2. Uhm, no ... not really.

3. Harry as in Harry Houdini! After all, if it's a magic snail, it needs a magic name, right??

Marilyn said...

1. I'm gonna go with The Moon is a Harsh Mistress by Heinlein. I'm not saying I agree with the perspectives on relationships and politics in that book but it's the first one that really made me think about them in a complex way.

2. Not at the moment but Dr. Richard Schrock, whose name I just misspelled terribly, I am sure, had a huge influence on the person I've become.

3. Margy... just 'cause it's my current silly name of choice.

Desert Songbird said...

1. No, not really. I've had parts of books really influence me, but I can't say that an entire book has had a major impact. I like the lessons in Seven Habits for Highly Effective People by Stephen Covey.

2. I'd have to say both of my parents. Their legacy of love and sacrifice plays a huge role in who I am and how I raise my children.

3. A snail? Eww.....um....no ideas there. :)

Oh, and so happy you're happy in love. ;)

Mags said...

Lois: I don't think he's got a head wrap on-I think it's more like a bowlers hat. And yeah-I think it's purple.

Carrie: ((hugs)) I love you...I hope you find your way soon.

LceeL: Yahudi is hysterical! I think Omar would like him.

Linda: So moving...but not life changing. Got it-any specifically come to mind?

Marilyn: Margy is my Nana's nickname. I laughed when I saw that it was your choice.

DS: You are very lucky to have parents like that...and so are your children.