Friday, May 21, 2010

Titles R So Hard 2 Come Up With...

...especially when you're in love.

When I got out of the shower this morning, I dried myself off as usual and turned to the vanity to begin my daily routine. Just as I was about to swipe my towel over the middle section of the mirror (it has 3 "sections") I noticed something on the 2 sides flanking it: hearts. Yesterday morning after his shower he drew 3 hearts on each side of the mirror so that when I showered today, they would appear.

How freakin' cute is he?

Luckily he came over last night too, so this morning I was able to thank him in person. He's the stuff dreams are made of...last night (this morning?) while we were lying in bed talking before falling asleep I said that we just need to take one year off together just so we could do this without having to worry about work, or bills, or anything else, really. Just B1 and me, playing our way through the year. If I were rich, we'd totally be doing that.

I just left him 1 hour ago and am counting the minutes until I see him tomorrow night. OMG-how is life this good? How could I have lived the last-wow-10 years-without feeling this way? How is it that I have found a boy who is just as silly and goofy and geeky about us as I am? I feel like I am wrapped up in a big fluffy cloud and that I am floating on air. *sigh* :)

Something really hit me last night when he was over. I am completely myself with him. Perhaps it's because we met in a non-dating sort of platform and we both were not expecting to meet anyone so we didn't try to be anything we weren't that night. I suspect, though, that it's more about how well we "fit". Last night I playfully punched B1 in the tummy while he was stretching and while doing it, I made a little noise. Now while my sisters will not think that this is weird in any way, most of my current friends would probably look at me funny for doing this. B1 didn't even bat one gorgeous eyelash-he just made a comment about how that was a cheap shot and gave me a hug. And when I do weird things or tell him about another one of my bazillion quirks, he smiles, laughs with me and hugs me. It's most likely followed up with a series of rapid fire kisses all over my face or neck-which is also something that I have always love doing (I actually do this with Rye Bread all of the time) but haven't done with a boyfriend since college. I'm me with him, and he thinks I am pretty great.

It takes no effort to be with him, no thought, no worry, no "what ifs". This is how it is supposed to be...

**********************
Switching gears...
**********************
I have decided to move. I really hate to do it because I will have to borrow more money from my father for the deposit and I really love the space I am in now. It's so homey and spread out and really, perfect for me right now. The trouble is, my landlord is an asshole. And I won't put up with it any longer. He treats me like I'm some stupid little girl who is ridiculous for asking him to fix things. He tells me lies to pacify me and then gives me excuses when I call him on it or site dates and times. Monday he told me to "just relax" when I asked him to tell me if he honestly was going to fix the roof so that my ceiling would stop leaking-because it was again-and he's known about the problem for 2 months. Incidentally, my neighbor has told me that his ceiling has been leaking for over a year and that the landlord is "useless".

And so instead of waiting to find out what happens when something major breaks or having to deal with him for any other reason at all, I am leaving. I have no lease so it is easily done. He does have my last months rent and knowing how lackadaisical he is about everything else, I don't feel like trying to fight with him about getting it back if I move out now. I'll move July 15th. Instead of a check on June 15th, he'll get a letter telling him that I am moving and that he already has last months rent. I'd like to add "Go fuck yourself" to the end of the note, but that wouldn't be very ladylike, now would it?

The good news about this is that while I love my apartment and the parking space, I was never really thrilled about how far away from the city I am. Even though it's only 15 minutes or so by car, I am not near public transportation (well, I am, but I don't feel comfortable walking to it at night here). I don't feel the same vibe here as I did in the city, for obvious reasons, but still. My neighbor is a 70 year old man and his wife. And while they are both lovely, I'm just not ready to be that much of an adult yet.

I'm looking in and directly around the city now. And because I have so much time, hopefully I'll find just the right place. And this time, I have my own cute boy to help me. :)

8 comments:

Linda said...

Just a big goofy smile to comment on all of the B1 stuff!

As for the landlord stuff, are you sure the jackass's name isn't Mark Lounsbury? He sounds just like my former landlord who never fixed anything at the other house including the leaking ceiling and no hot water! Cop or no cop, the guy was a total jerk-off when it came to being a landlord!

Good luck finding a new place though I'm sorry I never had the chance to see your current place due to all of our scheduling snafus! It really shouldn't be that hard to have gotten together!

SilverNeurotic said...

That is a shame that you HAVE to move because of the landlord. People shouldn't be allowed to be landlords unless they are actually willing to take full responsibility to make sure any and all necessary repairs are done in a timely manner. At least you don't have a lease to worry about.

Shutterbug8162 said...

Moving on up...

Sounds like a great decision. No sense waiting for the worst to happen. Being premptive is a great plan of action.

Don't suppose you are moving closer to anyone in particular? That's got to be good motivation, too!? Right?!

"Lois Grebowski" said...

LOL at shutterbug. that last paragraph crossed my mind as well... LOL

I always do business with people I like. If I don't like them, I move on. You're doing the right thing...

Mags said...

To be clear: NO!! I'm not moving to be closer to him...actually, the friend I met him with lives in his town and she suggested I move there...I immediately said no...the main reason is that it's too far away from work. The other reason is that I would feel weird moving into his town...and I don't want us to get into the habit of consuming every minute of every day with each other. And I have a feeling that is what would happen, considering that as it is, he's usually over at least 2 times during the week and then the weekend. Not that I wouldn't love that-I would, but I think it's important to have some down time too.

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

Nancy will hit my arm when she is making a point..it has become a little game with us...

You have it bad girl...

And YES, move ...get someplace you are really comfortable and safe...

Palm Springs Savant said...

Well who knows what else is wrong with the building if he wont repair the roof! Yikes. Best to move on. Glad to hear you are enjoying the exciting time of an new romance...

Travis Cody said...

That's a shame. But you have to feel safe where you live, and part of that is knowing that things will get fixed when they break.

Good luck on your search for a new place!