Monday, May 17, 2010

Temperature Control

Dinner on Saturday was perfect. The dining room was lit up with candles and he loved every bite of the food. We sat and talked and just enjoyed each others company. After, we moved the candles into the living room and watched a movie.

Sunday was supposed to be a big day. Weeks ago, he invited me to be his date for a friends birthday party. I was so excited to meet people and to be his date but when I woke up, I didn't feel well again. I tried to push through the pain, but half way through my breakfast I just got up and went back to bed. B1 came in and asked if I was OK and I had to tell him no. I started getting chills so I took my temperature-it was 102. I got sick once, right after that and before going to the party, B1 went to the store and got me saltines and ginger ale. I slept for about 5 hours when I woke up my temperature was at 103.8!

I started to get worried. I stood up and was delirious and dizzy and I didn't know where my phone was right away. I didn't know if I should call 911 or if I was over reacting. I took some Tylenol and drank some ginger ale and layed back down. Luckily, B1 text messaged me to see how I was doing and I found my phone. I told him where my temp was and he immediately said he was coming over. I felt horrible having him come over again to take care of me, but he insisted. When he got here he made me drink water and eat some saltines and he just layed beside me making sure I was OK. He asked me if I am allergic to any medication and if he did take me to the hospital would I like him to call someone.

Luckily, it didn't come to that-but all night my temperature was between 100 and 102. It finally broke this morning around 6:30. I feel 1000 times better than I did yesterday but my stomach is a little achy and I have a headache. My heart though, is wonderful.

How have I gotten so lucky to have found a man who cares this much about me to come take care of me after only 2 months of dating? I mean, really. He is the most amazing man. I think I thanked God no less the 20 times last night.

Today I'm staying home again. If my temperature goes up again I will go to the doctor. But as of right now, it's stayed down and hopefully I'm past whatever it was that kept it up.

7 comments:

SilverNeurotic said...

Wow, I hope you recover from whatever bug you have floating around in your system. I think you should go to the doctor, even if you aren't running a fever.

Linda said...

I'm sorry to hear about your relapse but I am so glad that it didn't spoil your special dinner with B1 and that the illness had the decency to wait before coming back again.

If it comes back a third time, get thee to the doctor so that they can find out what's going on. You may need something stronger than Tylenol to knock this one out.

B1 sounds like an angel - your own personal angel!

Marilyn said...

I hope you're all better soon and I'm glad B1 is there.

Travis Cody said...

Yikes! I hate that dizzy disoriented feeling.

Be well!

"Lois Grebowski" said...

I hope you're feeling normal now. The symptoms you described are not fun!

Big hugs... and I'm throwing in a smile for you-know-who...LOL

Amazing Gracie said...

I'm so far behind in this story, but I'm thrilled for you - except for the yucky sick part.
It's about time, huh...
~~~Blessings~~~

Desert Songbird said...

I'd say he's a keeper. Anyone who stays with you while you're ill and takes care of you is a keeper. My husband is this way. He's my rock when I'm sick.