Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Love Came Softly

In junior high I read a book about a mother who was dying of cancer. I think it switched back and forth from her point of view to her daughters point of view. It was a very moving and sad book but I really loved it. Ironically, I can't remember the name of it. In any event, the mother in the book wrote poetry. Some were weird, but this one always stuck in my head. And recently, it's really been present.

Love came softly, lowered its head

you are my desire, come to my bed.

Once followed and old road

and once round the bend

Dreams...

Dreams...


Last week B1 told me that he is really enjoying becoming closer to me and that he understands that it'll take me time to get used to him and us. He told me to take my time and to be myself, because he's already mine. After this week-especially Sunday when he came right over and took such good care of me-I really feel no need to hold anything back from him. He's here. I'm here. He's so wonderful and I feel comfortable with him and I trust him and holding back would just be silly at this point.

I can't wait to see him.

4 comments:

Ivanhoe said...

So sweet :) Enjoy your new love. And get better soon!

"Lois Grebowski" said...

:-D

SilverNeurotic said...

Its funny how adults can relate their current lives to things they read, watched or heard as kids.

Linda said...

Yep - you're in love! ;-)