Thursday, April 01, 2010

Weathering

I love it when someone you think reads your blog proves over and over that, in fact, they do not. Nothing more on that-it's just funny to me....and now onto today's post.

Last night was my last night cooking for The Family. It was a great night, but also sad. During the day, they sent flowers to the university thanking me for all I've done for them and telling me they will really miss me. It choked me up. As I was cooking I thought about how much I really do love them and how I've enjoyed cooking for them. The girls came over asking me what I was making for dinner, as they usually do, and hovered near almost the entire time. I brought them 2 new books as a goodbye gift and The Mom sat and read them in the kitchen while I was cooking. She also read the inscription I wrote in one of them and when she did, the youngest looked at me and said, "Aw...Maggie!" It was really funny-she's only 3.

After I was done cleaning up we all went into the living room and they piled onto my lap and I read them 2 last stories. They clung to me and it was obvious they really did not want me to go. I told them that if the new person ever gets sick or goes on vacation that they could call me and I'd come right over. The older girl also mentioned that I could babysit for them sometimes too, which I thought was funny. "We wouldn't even NEED food!" she exclaimed. Very cute...

As I was leaving they ran up to me one last time and gave me big hugs. The Mom was sad too and The Dad told me how much they were going to miss me and thanked me. He's actually been quite nice over the last month....

I left and almost immediately felt a huge loss. They were so much more than a cooking job to me. Those 2 little girls really got me through some hard times the fall. On days when I didn't even want to continue breathing, they made me laugh. They gave me hugs without me even asking for them. They brightened my life in so many ways and I will miss them greatly. Of course I will probably see them again, but I'll miss seeing them on a regular basis. But this is good...it was time...

On my way home I was teary eyed and sad. And then I got a text message...

It was from B1! He contacted me again first!! I didn't have to worry about whether or not he was thinking about me or if it would be weird for me to call because HE did it first!! Instantly my face changed to a huge smile. It really, really felt good to have someone-especially a very cute boy-show interest in speaking with me.

We text'd back and forth for about an hour. And then he called! I am not sure I've smiled that brightly in a long, long time. He said, "That was too many questions to answer in a text...how ARE you?!" I don't want to get my hopes up, but I really, really like him and I would love it if he liked me that way too. Right now, I feel like he does. But he hasn't asked me out on a date yet, so it's still up in the air. We talk really well with each other and have great chemistry. There's not been a lull (even when we first met) and he's shown me several times that he listened to every word I said that first night. He remembers little things. He's funny, too, which is a major prerequisite for me.

The good news is that now that he's called and initiated contact (each time) I can now feel comfortable about calling him back. Or texting for no reason. And there's no pressure for me to rush into seeing him because I know that I'm already in his brain. (That was the whole point of me trying to ask him out so quickly-so he wouldn't forget me.) So, that's good...this might be the start of something fun. :)

6 comments:

SilverNeurotic said...

That's really exciting! I really really hope it works out for you with him, he sounds like a really good guy.

"Lois Grebowski" said...

I am so stinkin' excite for you... That deserves a big squee.


SQUEEEEEEEEEEE!

LceeL said...

"trying to ask him out so quickly-so he wouldn't forget me." What you don't seem to understand is - that you are, once met, unforgettable.

Marilyn said...

Oh Yay! That is so awesome. If it's okay I'll stop holding my breath now.

Shutterbug8162 said...

Glad you were shown some appreciation from the family. While its sad to move on, you'll always know what an important part of their lives you are.

So very exciting the things happening with B1. I really hope it works out, but remember.... you are a strong, independant, beautiful woman and need no one to make you happy. That being said, I freakin' hope this is the one for you, you sooo deserve to be happy and in a healthy relationship. Keep us posted. This is the best part!

Travis said...

I think one of the things that makes your cooking so good is that you put so much of yourself into it.

As to your new male friend...I still say to be yourself!