Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Toosdae ?'s

Happy Toosdae everyone! I'm sorry I did not update you all about how things are going with B1 and I-I'm still savoring it all and just don't want to share everything yet. Just know that he's a really nice boy and we seem to have an endless amount of things to talk and laugh about. And that he has no qualms with telling me he likes spending time with me and that I'm great.

On that note...here are today's questions:

1. If you have a significant other, do the two of you have "pet names" or nicknames for each other? If you don't have a significant other, have you ever used pet names? (If so, what are they?)

2. If you had to go naked for the rest of your life with the exception of one accessory (includes hats, shoes, gloves, ties, necklaces, scarves...etc) what would you choose and why?

3. Have you ever worn your hair a different color than your natural one? If so, what was the most outrageous?

My answers:

1. I do not have a significant other however I call B1...well, B1 and he calls me LL. While they do stand for things (specifically related to the night we met and to our real names) that's actually what we call each other. It's rather endearing, actually and it makes me smile every time he address me in an email as LL and signs as B1.

2. I think I would choose a scarf. It's one of the only accessories that can be adapted and worn a plethora of ways and can also help protect against the elements.

3. My current hair color is not my natural one. My natural hair color is very, very dark brown. In the 7th grade I was sick of it and I used peroxide to lighten it. My hair was a very light reddish blond. That was the most drastic I've done.

8 comments:

Shutterbug8162 said...

1. If you have a significant other, do the two of you have "pet names" or nicknames for each other? If you don't have a significant other, have you ever used pet names? (If so, what are they?)

Hubby used to call me Babydoll. Now we call Megan that, so it seems silly to keep using it for me. I call him DaddyMAC, Big MAC and Megan is Little MAC, Little MACster, Pumpkin Doodle (no clue where that came from) but this wasn't about baby nicknames, was it. lol. Sorry!

2. If you had to go naked for the rest of your life with the exception of one accessory (includes hats, shoes, gloves, ties, necklaces, scarves...etc) what would you choose and why?

Pajmina - biggest accessory I could think of to cover the icky parts! :P

3. Have you ever worn your hair a different color than your natural one? If so, what was the most outrageous?

No, but I have been thinking about having it colored. Since having the baby my lighter blonde has turned to almost brunette. Just not used to it.

G.W. said...

Happy TOOSDAE!

1. I call my wife "poopy". Only because when we first were dating, we were talking about nicknames and how we weren't all that big of fans of them, so I stood up and declared, "I shall call you, Poopy" and it stuck.

2. Hmmm. Naked accessory? Is a sock an accessory? Either that, a scarf might be good. Sunburn on sensitive areas can't be fun.


3. I lost a bet with my wife when were dating, and I died my hair blonde (it was back in the Dennis Rodman popularity days). It's usually dark brown. She liked it and went to do it again, but after about 10 minutes I asked if it should feel like my head is burning and she freaked and said no so we washed it out. The hair color was orange, and I was permanently scarred from it. I have 2 black dots where I received a chemical burn from the dye.


Mags....sometimes these questions have to do with a decision you are trying to make. You are very interesting...

Have a great day

Carrie said...

1. Yes. I call him Googelybear (from Monsters, Inc.) or Honeybear or just honey. He calls me Care Bear.. or sometimes Stinky. :)

2. I think a nice big floppy hat would be good. In a good, bright color.

3. My hair is naturally a mousey brown. It used to be blonde when I was younger, and I got highlights for a long time to keep it that way. Then one time I got bright red streaks in it, I put a purple streak in by myself a few times... but I think the most drastic was the burgundy. I went from really light to really dark. It was quite the adjustment!

Linda said...

1. Sigh ... no.

2. What's the biggest accessory out there because that's what I'd need! One very, very large scarf!

3. I was going to say that I went platinum blond once when I lived out in California but then it dawned on me that I was naturally a platinum blond when I was a toddler so I guess that doesn't count, does it? So I'm going to say a brighter red than I usually am. I've never done black like Amanda, maybe I should give that a go?

Marilyn said...

1. Not really... he calls me the Wife Unit sometimes, which is about as exciting as it sounds but he always introduces me as his beautiful wife, which he doesn't really mean but is very sweet. I used to call him my Snickerdoodle, which was an inside joke.

2. A full length apron. Seriously, there ain't nothin here anybody wants to see.

3. This is my natural color. I went black for a while in my very early twenties because I wanted to be 'goth', which was stupid. Then, when I was still in college I tried to go blond and my hair turned orange. My ex (who wasn't an ex yet) liked it orange and I kept it that way for a year or so. Some people started to think it was my natural color. It was hideous.

Travis said...

1. We call each other Babe.

2. Shoes...I can't walk in bare feet.

3. Nope.

Clancy Pants said...

1. I call D all the names like sweetie, honey, babe just in casual conversation, but when he's being a little bit impish I call him a Turkey. He has a plethora of nicknames for me, his most common one is some form of Bug whether that be just Bug or Little Bug or Cute Little Bug. (I guess cute little bug is the my "full" pet name!) He also calls me his beautiful wife. My husband is a big nicknamer and he has a zillion of them for our kiddos!

2- LOL at this question... you make me smile, Mags!

I'm in limbo about a scarf, like you've said, or shoes, like Travis said. I would definitely think a scarf would be most versatile, but SHOES! How would I live through Idaho winters without shoes? Can't I pick two?

3- Yes, I've done blond highlights before and I liked that... felt like a California girl or something. I've also dyed my hair red several times in my life... red as in a red-headed carrot top. I wish I had red hair for real. I LOVE red hair. (I think you saw some pics of the most recent time I did this...)

Happy Toosdae on this Wednesday morn! :)

Bond said...

GREAT NEWS MAGS! SO excited for you

1) Yes we do

2) Boxer briefs, cause I would like that area covered when I am out shopping at the grocery

3) It used to be black, now it is gray