Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Toosdae ?'s


Good morning! I hope you all woke up refreshed and invigorated and ready to answer this weeks questions. :) To update you: My knee still hurts but it's getting better, I am wearing my "skinnier" pants today for the first time, and I believe my date is on Friday but I'm firming up those plans today. AND the sun is shining and we have a big event on campus today...and that, my friends, is all...


1. When you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up? How close to that did you come?

2. Did your caretakers have a set disciplinary tool to use if you were bad? (Example: The "naughty step/chair") Did they use it on you often?

3. Did you have any weird food "restrictions" (Example: Food can't touch each other or nothing green on the plate) when you were little? If yes, what were they, if no, did you have anything that you HAD to have?

My answers:
1. There were several things I wanted to be-mainly a teacher and a chef. I started out in college as a double major with elementary education being one of the courses of study, but once I got to student teaching, I hated it. And as you know, I am now a certified chef! It took me 30 years, but I did it!

2. Nope. In fact, I didn't even really have a curfew and I think I was only "grounded" once. The only reason that happened is because another parent knew about the "bad" thing I did (it wasn't even bad) and so my mother had to make it look like she punished me.

3. Not that I can remember. I grew up liking most foods (though I hated spaghetti with clam sauce-it was a staple in our house) and tried a lot of different things. I did, however, love apple juice-to the point where I drank it so much then, that I hate it now!!

9 comments:

Linda said...

1. I remember at one point wanting to be a police officer but the closest I came to that was as a police dispatcher and that was probably more than close enough! I'm pretty sure I never said I wanted to be a dispatcher at all but here I am!

2. I was grounded on a fairly regular basis it seems! My Dad being an Air Force man, that seemed like his favorite punishment!

3. Not that I can remember, I don't mind if things overlap and I can't recall any major must-have's either. Chances are even if I did, my parents wouldn't have gotten it for me anyway!

Hope your knee feels better soon!

Marilyn said...

1. I wanted to be a teacher, scientist, or writer... I've had some success and failure at all three.

2. I stood in the corner a lot. One time my mom forgot about me and I fell asleep there. She found me there hours later.

3. I hated broccoli. Still do. Other than that, not much.

Clancy Pants said...

Sorry about your knee and I hope it's on the mend!

1- I wanted to be a singer, not career necessarily, but just sing well like my mom. I think I came pretty close. I'm a fairly good singer, not as good as my mom, but it's something I'm always working on to some degree so I am still improving. :) I also wanted to be a Veterinarian at one point. Didn't come close at all, and that's ok with me! And, I wanted to be a mom, and I hit that one right on target! Four times, in fact! :)

2- My mom had a paddle that she would threaten to spank us with. I never got spanked with it. In fact, none of us did, except my older brother. After it was used on him, the paddle mysteriously disappeared. My brother fessed up years later that he threw it in the garbage. :)

3- No weird food restrictions except normal things like "you have to have three bites of that dish you don't like before you can leave the table". I hated peas and I remember popping them like pills and swallowing them whole with a drink of Kool-aid. Haha!

Happy Toosdae!

Bond said...

1)Well..I guess a DJ and now with my new show I am sort of there...but not quite

2) Does a wooden sppon count ---OUCHIE

3) Nope...none

Hope the knee gets better soon

SilverNeurotic said...

1. When you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up? How close to that did you come?

The only consistant thing would be a writer. I'm a blogger, does that count?

2. Did your caretakers have a set disciplinary tool to use if you were bad? (Example: The "naughty step/chair") Did they use it on you often? If I was bad I had to sit in the corner. I was a pretty good kid so that didn't happen too often.

3. Did you have any weird food "restrictions" (Example: Food can't touch each other or nothing green on the plate) when you were little? If yes, what were they, if no, did you have anything that you HAD to have? I would not drink soda. Still, to this day I don't like it and will only drink it if that's all that's available.

flipper said...

1) A dolphin trainer .... closest so far is going to see shows, but I hope someday I will swim with them (and hopefully not be scared because I am turning into a wimp with everything)
2) I was grounded a couple times but it never lasted and just meant I couldnt go out after school (and I did anyway)
3) I dont know, did I? I do remember when i stopped eating meat but dont think anything else

Travis said...

Hi Mags!

1. A Marine or a football player. I did play football, but suffered a career ending injury that also kept me out of the Corps.

2. I don't recall, but I do remember that my biggest fear in school was getting my name put up on the board by the teacher.

3. Nah. But I was, am, and always will be a CAKE fiend!

Shutterbug8162 said...

. When you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up? How close to that did you come?

It often changed depending on age and who was asking. Sometimes it was teacher, lawyer and even singer. Never did it cross my mind to want to be a government office manager. But it worked out perfectly!

2. Did your caretakers have a set disciplinary tool to use if you were bad? (Example: The "naughty step/chair") Did they use it on you often?

Nope, just the run of the mill grounding. I don't think time-outs had been "invented" yet.

3. Did you have any weird food "restrictions" (Example: Food can't touch each other or nothing green on the plate) when you were little? If yes, what were they, if no, did you have anything that you HAD to have?

Only thing I can remember is hating sour cream because I thought it would taste sour and spinache because they recalled a story that when I was two I spewed it into the next room. So I never touch the cooked stuff.

"Lois Grebowski" said...

1. I wanted to be a singer and live in a garage... LOL!

2. Remember the Wood Paddle with a ball and an elastic cord? That paddle hit my rear end several times.

3. none back then that I could think of, but I do now. You know how I am with M&Ms, Jelly beans, skittles...LOL! I also seem to eat one item at a time, but I've been making a conscious effort to change that.