Friday, April 09, 2010

Parrot Bay

It's hard to see, but this is the sketch for Rye Bread's birthday cake. It'll be on a 3 tier cake stand with the top being a(n) life size parrot. The second level will be the cake we'll actually eat (thought the bird will be eatable too). It'll be a round cake that is made to look like a Hawaiian beach. It'll have a palm tree, sand, water and a tiki hut (I hope.) The 3rd tier will most likely be cupcakes-perhaps miniature ones-made to look like Hawaiian flowers. In between the stand I might put some greenery to fill it in and to make it look more tropical. I'm not sure yet though. We'll see.

I hope that this works out. I hate disappointing Rye Bread and I love the challenge of making each cake better. I love hearing her brag at her parties that I made the cake and that I'm a "cook". I hope that when she's older she'll remember how much love I put into these cakes and that maybe one day she'll try to do the same for someone she loves half as much as I love her.

Of course, I'll show you all the final product.

4 comments:

Linda said...

She's going to love it! Can't wait to see what the finished version looks like - probably way too nice to eat! Of course, it is cake though so that's going to be inevitable!

Bond said...

CAKE!!!!!!!

You are the bestest auntie

Marilyn said...

I love seeing your cakes. They are soo cool.

Travis said...

Looks ambitious. Good luck!