Monday, April 05, 2010

Nothing Much 2Day

I really don't have much to say today...this weekend I was in Connecticut and visited with my good friend Robin.  It's always fun catching up with her.  Sadly, since I moved to Boston we don't do it as often as we used to.  Still, it's great to see her and catch up over dinner and drinks.  Saturday I was woken up by my niece Rye Bread, which is always fun and interesting.  My parents took us out to breakfast and then we played a bit and sat in the sun for a little while.  One of my cousins who we reconnected with this summer at the family reunion was in town for Easter and asked if he could stop by.  He's a little older than I am (which is nice, because 99% of my cousins are younger than I am) and we don't know a lot about him because we lost touch.  Thanks to the reunion and Facebook though, we've been chatting and it was great to see him.  I'm glad he called me and glad we reconnected.

My knee is still messed up.  Though it doesn't hurt to walk on it much anymore it's still swollen and doesn't bend.  I'm limping and feel about 80 years old and am tired when I walk across campus at the end of the day.  I'm bummed because I can't go to the gym until it gets better.  I'm hoping that I won't be limping on Thursday or Friday when I go out with B1.

I was so tired yesterday that I was actually worried I'd fall asleep while driving back home to MA.  I stopped twice just to stretch and to get coffee and obviously was OK, but it worried me.  I was so excited to watch the Opening Day Ceremonies and the game-but I could only stay up until the 5th inning.  I missed the best parts!!  But waking up to a win is always a good thing...have I mentioned how much I love when it's baseball season?  1 week from Friday I have my first game and I can not wait!!!

Well my lovelies, I'm sorry I have nothing interesting to report.  I'll be back tomorrow with Toosdae ?'s as usual.  I hope all of my New England friends enjoy the weather today!

5 comments:

Linda said...

You should have stopped by American on your way home and I would have given you some coffee and a hug before sending you on your way north!

Hope your knee feels better soon, trust me - I know all too well that hobbling around feeling and it's no fun AT ALL!

"Lois Grebowski" said...

I hate knee issues. I have a torn meniscus and it's been really acting up lately. Trying to delay a surgery as much as possible.

Glad you had a good reunion with your cousin.

I completely get the wrorrying about falling asleep at the wheel. What makes it scary is that no one is with ya in the car to wake ya up.

HUGS!

Bond said...

yeah yeah yeah...I stayed up...do not talk to me today you you SOX FAN! LOL

Loved your 5 from Friday...

I have one of those kneews...ugh

Travis said...

People are split on whether ice or heat is best for wonky knees. I use heat.

Hopefully it starts to loosen up for you before you go out, but if it doesn't I'm sure he'll understand.

SilverNeurotic said...

I'm glad you made it home okay. Its never fun to try to drive when you are really tired, it makes the drive feel so much longer than it should be.