Friday, April 02, 2010

Dirty Dating

Yesterday I ended up in the urgent care unit because of a stupid twisted knee. It's my "bad knee" and it has happened before but this time I can't think of why it flared up. In any case, it hurts to walk and I can't bend my knee just yet. I have an anti-inflammatory that I'm taking and will hold off on going to the gym until it goes down. Which is annoying considering it's my first week not cooking, but that's OK...you know why?

He asked me out!!!!!

Last night we were chatting and before he said good night he asked if I'd like to meet up next week. He did not say, "Let's go on a date" but I'm treating it as such until he says, "Let's just be friends". Or until he shows me that he's not interested in another way. But honestly, at this point, I am kind of leaning toward thinking that he does like me. But we'll see. Honestly, he's a fun person so if I end up with a good friend out of it, then I'm blessed. Of course I'll be a little disappointed, but it'll be OK...

I don't know where we are going or what we are doing. He said I should go to sleep and he would call me. I'm OK with that too.

In other news, SUNDAY IS OPENING DAY!!!!!!!

I am so excited. On the way to work today I listened to a station that played songs typically played at home games...which made me remember that today is Trav's 5 of Friday...so without further ado, here is my Dirty Water 5:

11 comments:

Melisa with one S said...

I hope your knee gets better soon! Take care of it and don't overdo...

AND HAVE FUN ON YOUR DATE!

Jamie said...

Take care of that knee. Wonderful music choices. Is that version of Somewhere over the rainbow one of the best ever? Good luck with the date and romance/friendship however it turns out.

Marilyn said...

I love all of those.

Yay for cute guys with brains enough to ask you out!

flipper said...

i hope your knees better asap <3

Julia Smith said...

I adore Ricky Martin's La Vida Loca (though the version here seems to be someone else's), and Let it Rock is just great. I'm going to add it to my playlist.

I hope your knee improves!

LceeL said...

Good luck on your first 'date'. I hope it all works out.

Linda said...

So, I'm reading the title of this post and wondering whether you twisted your knee and fell into a mud puddle on the way to your first date before I find out that no, your knee just decided to flare up and you've yet to have your first date. Whew! Was thinking some unfortunate mishap occurred!

It seems like it's early for the first game of the season but that's probably because it hasn't really felt like spring yet what with all of the rain and such that we've been suffering through. But, baseball is beginning so it must be THAT time of year, right?

Great song choices, too! Thank goodness you didn't throw in The Chicken Dance music, I was a bit concerned when you mentioned baseball game music!

Rocketstar said...

He likes you, what makes you still have doubt?

Mags said...

I guess what makes me have doubt is my most recent relationship problem-where I read into things that he claimed meant nothing for 4 years. So now I question everything. Hopefully you are right and he does like me...we'll see!

Travis said...

Terrific set this week! I hadn't heard Dirty Water in ages.

As to your doubt, I know it can be very strong. But try not to use it too much as a shield. You could miss something very special.

Ivanhoe said...

Hope your knee feels better soon and that you'll have a wonderful date :)
Happy Easter, Mags!