Saturday, March 13, 2010

Update

Just a quick little post to give you an update on my personal cheffing situation. I was getting sad yesterday because The Mom did not email me back all day. She's usually really responsive and the fact that she didn't respond let me know she was upset. She finally wrote back in the evening and said that they know that "this wonderful arrangement" would not last forever and that we'd regroup on Tuesday when I see them. I offered to make them meals once a week so all they have to do is reheat them. It's not ideal, but I feel a little better knowing I offered it. I'm not sure they'll take me up on the offer though. We'll see.

I'm off to the gym and to run errands...I hope you all have a great Saturday!

2 comments:

SilverNeurotic said...

Well, I'm sure the Mother probably had a feeling that you haven't been happy with The Father recently.

Linda said...

Whew! Just read your previous posts to get caught up before I posted a comment here. I am totally bummed that I missed your contest but I'm sure that Clancy is in for one heck of a treat!

I was wondering how much longer you were going to stick with your cheffing job now that you've got such a full life with everything else - not to mention the Dad sounds like a total jerk. I'm sure you've made the right decision and that you'll find ample use for the freed up time that you have. Of course, they may still take you up on the offer of cooked-ahead meals but if not, you can walk away with a clear conscience.