Friday, March 19, 2010

Sunshine Everywhere!

I anticipate having messier hair this spring and summer.  I LOVE HAVING A SUNROOF!!!  Holy cow, it's awesome!  I've always sort of loved having windows open but hated having the wind mess up my hair and also how it made it hard to hear people.  A sunroof solves all of those problems!  It's fantastic.

There are two things I recently discovered about a sunroof though.  The first is that when you are driving in stop and go traffic, a bird can easily poop on you.  Now this has not happened to me and I hope that I never report that it has, but while driving to work the other day I was at a stoplight and looked up at the lovely birds that were rejoicing in this weather.  And I thought, "OMG-they could poop on me."  I was glad when the light turned green and I could move forward, away from the potential pooping.

The other thing requires a tiny bit of background about me and windshield wiper fluid.  I secretly LOVE to wash my windows on the highway and then watch the chain of people behind me put their wipers on.  It's one of the simplest ways to show that one person can make a difference.  I turn mine on, the guy behind me does the same and so on.  So every time that happens, it makes me smile a little bit...

So the other day I was driving on the highway with my sunroof open and I washed my windows.  And while the guy behind me still put his wipers on, I also got a little wet.  Inside the car.  I chuckled at how ironic this was and how much of a sunroof rookie I am.  Hopefully I'll remember to close it the next time I need to wash my windows.

This weekend a friend and I are taking a little day trip specifically because Saturday is going to be beautiful and I have a sunroof.  I have no idea where we'll go or where we'll end up, but he assures me that this is OK and that it's all about the adventure.  I have to say, I agree.

Happy Friday everyone!

7 comments:

LceeL said...

And a happy and glorious Friday and weekend to you, Mags. we are expecting snow.

Clancy Pants said...

We just had to buy a different car for my husband in Jan. We bought a Volvo (older one) and it has a sunroof too! We LOVE it! And, interesting that you say that about the bird poop... the other day I noticed bird poop ON the sunroof... two drops of it! Ick! I'll have to watch that!

Have a funtabulous carefree weekend!

Travis said...

Now that little thing that gives you joy is a huge pet peeve of mine. I don't think the wiper fluid should ever be used when the vehicle is in motion.

I like my moon roof/sun roof! I can have it fully open or I can just crack the back up and get the benefit of fresh air without the danger of stuff dropping in unexpectedly.

G.W. said...

Take a nice drive to Hyannis and walk around Main Street. You will avoid all the summer traffic madness, and you can check out all the little shops that can be interesting.

Just my $.02

Marilyn said...

That's so cool... when I had long hair I hated having the windows down too. Now I want a sunroof.

"Lois Grebowski" said...

I love mine, too. I miss the old convertible I had, but someday soon another will come around.

Have fun on your adventure... Enjoy the journey.

Thomas said...

OMG! You just said the word "poop". How adorable. Now, excuse me, I have to go potty...