Thursday, March 04, 2010

Father's Day

Yesterday I waited in a virtual waiting room for 2 hours. I had the opportunity to buy Red Sox/Yankee tickets and I really, really wanted to get a pair. The great thing about being a part of this is that the tickets are regular price-not the illegally inflated price that you'll find on websites selling the same tickets. I mentioned yesterday that I wanted to buy a set of tickets for my father and I as an early Father's Day present. My first choice game did not have 2 seats together and I wasn't willing to wait it out to see if they got released. I checked my 2nd choice and got tickets right away! They are not the kind of seats my dad buys us, but I think he's pretty excited to come to Boston for the day and then to the game that night. I'm pretty psyched as well.

It's still amazes me how far my father and I have come. There was a time when I wouldn't be in the same room as him, let alone inviting him up to my place for a short weekend. Anyway, I'm excited...

I had a bad day at work yesterday. I'm not sure I'm going to talk about it, but I was really ready to cry and ready to find a different job. I still love it there and I don't want to leave-there is just one thing in particular that really bothers me and I don't know how to handle it. I need advice-or I need someone to fix it...but that's all I am going to say now.

4 comments:

Bond said...

Well, if you want advice and are afraid to post, you have the email address...

Glad you and dad are back to a good place and you are one cool daughter to get those tickets

SilverNeurotic said...

I've always had a good relationship with my dad...which is good, because is it was strained to begin with these last few days would be even more difficult than they have been.

Travis said...

I think the best thing to do when you're not sure about how to handle a work situation is to go to the HR person. Tell them up front that you have an issue and don't know how to handle it. Be sure to take specific examples of what is bugging you. And be sure to speak calmly, and try to keep your emotion under control.

Not knowing the situation, that's my advice.

Melisa with one S said...

Sounds like you and your dad will have a great time no matter where you're sitting, even though it's not the Cubs! (haha)

You've got my e-mail too, if you need to vent...