Thursday, March 11, 2010

Decision

Wow!  It's been a very busy day so far.  This is partially due to the fact that yesterday I was emailed a 66 page document to "reformat" (which I did) only to be told that "oops-that was the wrong one".  So I've been reformatting the new document as well as compiling a mailing list for a major upcoming event here on campus that I am in charge of.  I love being busy but today I'm annoyed because I was given extra work in error.  And I'll most likely get that first doc back at some point and will be asked to reformat it in some other way.  I'm also frustrated because I was planning on going to a monthly meeting that I have not yet attended.  It's a good way to get to know everyone and I'm really looking to get myself deeper into the workings of the school.  So not being able to go because of someone else's error is really annoying.

In other major news I think that I've come to a decision regarding my cooking job.  I think that I am going to leave it.  It breaks my heart to know that I won't be cooking on a regular basis now and that the girls will miss me, but I just can't keep up with this schedule.  I looked around my place when I got home last night at 9:15pm and it was a disaster.  I know that most of my day Saturday will be spent cleaning it up and that Sunday I'll have to go to do laundry which will take up a lot of time too.  And then there's the gym.  I don't ever get to go.  And I want to go like, every other day, so that this diet becomes really, really successful.  I'd like to lose at least 30 pounds by September-more if possible, but I know that's pushing it a bit.  I can't do that with just 2 or 3 days at the gym on only on Saturday, Sunday and Monday.  My focus right now is on me getting healthy and I can't do that when I'm helping someone else's family be well 3 nights a week.  I just can't.

I can start making appointments after work again too, which means being able to get a haircut, going to the chiropractor, grocery shopping...everything that I always have to cram into Saturdays because it's my only really free day-I can now spread it out.  I think it's the right decision and even though I'll miss the family and miss the cooking (and miss the cash) I think in the long run, it's the right thing to do.

And so there you have it.  I will no longer be a working chef after this month.  I will tell them tonight. 

9 comments:

"Lois Grebowski" said...

Let us know how it goes over... I know that was a tough decision. It would have been a toughie for me, too!

Clancy Pants said...

Bittersweet, but good to have the decision made. Good luck!

Jo said...

Good luck! I think it's a good move for you.

Mags said...

*sigh* Tonight was even more rough! Those girls love me and I love them...it's going to be hard.

Mags said...

But...thanks for your support everyone!

SilverNeurotic said...

Good luck. Hopefully you'll get some catering jobs in the future so you WILL have a chance to cook pretty often.

Bond said...

ah heck-a-doodle Mags...I know you love them and they you, but you have to have a life...

hugs

Travis said...

Good for you to recognize that it's time to move on for yourself.

katherine. said...

I think even if you miss the girls you will be happier over all...

maybe you can do birthday cakes or other holiday type things for them?