Sunday, February 14, 2010

"Somehow, It's Fitting The Abbreviation is VD"

I thought that this Valentine's Day was going to suck. Not that past Valentine's Day's have not sucked, but I just thought it would be worse this year. The day is young, so I might be speaking out of turn, but so far, it's been pretty OK.

I got these flowers delivered to me at work on Friday...

Finally ate one of the gifts from my neighbor, Filet Mignon with lobster stuffing on top. (Still have one left for tonight! Though I might pick up a potato to make it extra special.)

And then, at 9am today, I got a phone call. I never get phone calls anymore. All of my communication with my friends is done via email. (Sad, no?) But also, it's Sunday. At 9am. So I ignored it, even though the area code was a MA number.

And then someone knocked on my door. No one knocks on my door, unless I'm expecting them. I stayed perfectly still (because I still haven't put a shade on the door and part of it is frosted "glasstic". And then my phone rang again. So, because I'm very smart, I deduced that the person at my door was also the person phoning me. (Yeah, I know...you wish you were as smart as me.) So I picked up. And a man with a very foreign accent said, "Cactus delivery! Come downstairs please!"

Who says that? Cactus delivery? Yes, he was delivering a cactus, but still...it made me giggle. And at least the element of surprise was taken away when I opened the door to see this:

My parents, who I think are starting to worry I will end up an old maid, sent me a cactus. I'm not sure why they (I think it was my dad) chose a cactus, but I like to think it's because they know that I'm rarely home long enough to water plants and a cactus won't die on me when I am working 2 jobs or playing with friends. But somehow, I don't think that was the reasoning. Anyway, it was such a nice surprise to have a delivery on Valentine's Day! And the good news is that Bella won't eat this. She sniffed it, got a little prick on the nose and backed away. Which is perfect. (I did have to take out the weird twigs that were sticking out of the plant. It made it just look dead.)

And then, since my Valentine is Bella, I gave her the gift I bought for her-a plastic ball thingy from the children's section of Target. She didn't quite know what to do with it at first...

But then I kicked it and she got the idea.

I'm hoping this provides her with some fun while I'm at work. But for some reason, I think she'll only play with it when I initiate it. Or when she bumps into it by accident and it freaks her out.

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!

3 comments:

Danielle A. said...

Happy V-Day!! And I LOVE that the guy who was at your door said "Cactus Delivery!". It's like something Rob Schneider would say in an Adam Sandler movie. :)

"Lois Grebowski" said...

i got nuthin... don't know why, but that cactus makes me smile...

"Lois Grebowski" said...

i got nuthin... don't know why, but that cactus makes me smile...