Saturday, February 20, 2010

Picture Perfect Days

Rye Bread's fast asleep, snuggled up in my bed after a full day of fun, eating and playing. We woke up and had Fruity Pebbles for breakfast (we debated over our bowls, because I like Fruit Loops MUCH better!) then wandered into the living room to watch Sponge Bob and to play games on the computer. When we were good and ready, we got dressed, ate our leftover pizza and then went to get another slice each at the pizza place because we were still hungry. The slices were ENORMOUS. We should have just gotten one and split it, but it was fun trying to eat it all. (We went HERE).

It was a gorgeous day out and it hit 50 degrees so we drove to the pottery place with the sunroof open and the music blasting. Good times...Rye Bread chose to paint a penguin (said pen-GU-Innnn like in the cartoon) and I opted for a spoon rest. It was a fun time. I was worried though, because it didn't take as long as I thought it would. But since we were so close to campus, I asked if she wanted to see where I work. I enticed her by telling her there was a huge elephant there...she was impressed. Since it was such a nice day, we stopped for ice cream on the way home-even though I knew we'd be having chocolate pudding pie for dessert, I figured I don't get to spoil her very often, so why not, right?

The rest of the day was nice and lazy. We re-watched the movie we rented last night (Ice Age & Dinosaurs, or something like that-very funny) and played Guestures again. And then we made pasta and chicken meatballs from scratch.

I made the dough and rolled it through the pasta machine first because she wasn't as excited about it as she was when she was little. But when it came time to cut it into spaghetti, her face lit up and she found it to be very cool. We loaded our plates up with freshly made pasta and meatballs and drank our orange soda while we talked. She said it was the best pasta she's ever had and asked for 2nds. :) My favorite part of the day was when we were watching TV after dinner and she climbed on my lap to cuddle.

I put her to bed about an hour ago and even though she said she wasn't tired, she fell asleep in about 2 minutes. We're going to try to wake up early tomorrow so that we can go to the Chinese New Year parade in Chinatown. I'm not sure we'll make it, but at least we can try. We have a long day tomorrow with the drive back down to CT, so I don't want to push it, but I think she'd really like the parade...so we'll see! I'll post pictures for sure if we go.

I love when my Rye Bread comes to play!

PS. Bella hates her. :(

6 comments:

lala [mrs. new guy] said...

ummm mags, can you please adopt me as your niece? that pretty much sounds like a PERFECT day!

[sorry it's been like a year since i commented on your blog. . . i'm a lazy reader these days]

flipper said...

couple things....1)How the heck do you like fruit loops better than fruity pebbles? your crazy. 2) I love love love love the eyes on ryes penguin lol. 3) why does bella hate her? was she rough?? 4) your a really cute auntie

Travis said...

I'm with you on the Fruit Loops, which I haven't had in ages. Hmmm...that's gonna make the next grocery list.

"Lois Grebowski" said...

I *LOVE* painting pottery with my nieces. that's one of our favorite activities. Rye bread is such a beautiful child... So pretty like her auntie!

Mags said...

lala: Thanks! Though I don't think it's impossible, I think I'm a *little* too young (or I should say not old enough) to be your aunt...but if I were old enough, I'd totally adopt you! :)

Lash: Really? Seriously? Fruity Pebbles aren't even PEBBLES...they are flakes! Right there makes the suck. ;) 2. Aren't the eyes a riot!?!?! 3. Rye was not rough. I think Bella was jealous and not used to company. 4. Thanks. :)

Trav: I could go for some Fruit Loops too-but it's back to the diet tomorrow. This weekend pretty much went down the diet tubes...but it was worth every calorie.

Lois: Isn't is so fun!? I've never done it before-other than in school. It was a great time. And thank you for the compliment!

Linda said...

Has anyone ever told you that you are the perfect aunt ever? Rye Bread is a very lucky little girl to have such a cool aunt and I bet she knows it, too!