Tuesday, February 16, 2010

It Wasn't An Itch...

The other night a few of you may have seen me update my Facebook status saying that I had "satisfied a craving". It was my intention to post about it last night but because I misplaced my card reader I wanted to hold off until I had pictures. Not that they are anything to do cartwheels over, but I think it's better than just writing "I made myself a donut".

It was late enough that I had my pajamas on but I really wanted a donut. I just couldn't fathom jumping in my car and driving down the busy main road and across town to the nearest donut shop. only to find stale donuts. So what do you do if you have a craving and you're not afraid to test a recipe? You make a donut!

Now, I say "a" donut because that's exactly what I wanted. After searching the Internet for a few minutes I found a recipe that seemed to be OK and I cut it down by 12 so that I'd only have enough dough for one donut and one hole. That way I wouldn't eat all of them-and let's face it, living alone allows for that! So I whipped together the dough (I added more cinnamon than the recipe called for)

Cut a hole in that sucker...

and fried it. Then I rolled it in powdered sugar...

and devoured it.
And it. was. good.

And yeah, I'm totally glad that I did NOT make more than 1!!

4 comments:

Linda said...

Now how very cool is that? I'm lucky I only crave things like toast or the occasional bowl of cereal - things that are within my scope of ability in the kitchen!

That donut looks yummy and I bet tasted even better!

Danielle A. said...

Excellent! Do you have the link still, maybe you could email it over? :)

Melisa with one S said...

I LOVE that you did this. :)

SilverNeurotic said...

Yummy!

That's one thing in the kitchen my mom never mastered.