Saturday, February 27, 2010

Day Two, Kickin' Ass

So far, so good...day 2 is halfway through and I feel fantastic. I joined a gym last night and this morning after breakfast I went and worked out for about 45 minutes. I did really well and just felt amazing after I left. It's such a great feeling, knowing that if I keep this up, I'll end up a better, healthier me. And if feels good to take control.

The portions on Jenny Craig are very good. Last night's dinner (bbq meat loaf w/ a veggie mix) plus the additional 1 1/2 C. of veggies I had to eat with it (broccoli) the dinner filled the entire plate. Yes, it was mostly broccoli, but it was GOOD! I don't know why I can't do a diet without having to cross things off of a list as I go, but it's working so far and I'm happy.

I was supposed to go to a happy hour last night but decided against it. I also planned on going to the movies today but canceled that as well. After reflecting back on past diets, I realized that once I cheat, it's hard to get back on track. Being that it's only day 2, I don't want to cheat and let's face it-when presented with wine and beer (happy hour) and popcorn (movies) I can not say no. And that, my friends, would have meant cheating. So, in order to prevent myself from doing that so early in the game, I just canceled plans. It saved me money too, so that's another plus.

Tomorrow I have to drive over to Springfield to pick up my Bella. She's been away from me for a week and I miss her terribly!! Due to this past weeks forecasts, my cousin and I decided this weekend would be best. She'll be in Western MA tomorrow, and so I'll drive over to meet her and to get my baby. I can't wait. I hope she doesn't hate me too much!!!

After the pickup I'll drive back home and drop Bella off-and then turn right back out the door. I have my first (of 2) appointments with a personal trainer. If you remember, I bought these 2 sessions at the beginning of the year from a special email promotion. It also gives me 1 month at their gym, but because I already joined another one, I won't be using that. But I WILL take everything Katie teaches me and bring it back to my gym so I hopefully see results. Again, it feels fantastic to take control. I know it's only day 2, but I feel like this time might be it. I feel like maybe this time I might succeed and I might be on my way to a healthier, hotter, happier me.

Only time will tell...

6 comments:

SilverNeurotic said...

Once you're on the diet for awhile, then perhaps you'll be able to go to happy hour or a movie again and figure out ways of enjoying what both have to offer, but in healthy ways.

Linda said...

I think you did the right thing by taking yourself out of temptation's way so early in the game; I do the same thing once I cheat as it's just so easy to fall off the good-food-for-you wagon.

Good luck with the personal trainer tomorrow!!

"Lois Grebowski" said...

I hope this goes well. I love broccoli... it's one of my favorite veggies.

Happy hour? Tonic water or club soda (or diet coke) with a slice of lime...

katherine. said...

atta girl Mags

good job on identifying where your land mines are and avoiding them.

Palm Springs Savant said...

I was going to ask you about the portions. Best of luck with the regimen, its not easy to stay motivated!

Travis said...

Mmmmm...broccoli. I can, and have, made meals of just a big old plate of steamed broccoli.

I think the most successful diets and exercise programs are the ones that focus on what you can do, rather than reminding you of the things you shouldn't do. Remember, you should always focus on modifying your habits so that once you reach your goals you can maintain them without resenting what you feel you have to give up.

Best wishes!