Sunday, February 07, 2010

Crafty Sunday

The other day I was fed up with my jewelry, specifically my earrings. (I always hang my necklaces so they were already out of the way.) They were clumped together in a messy pile on my dresser mostly because I had nowhere to put them. The majority of the time they reside in a ziplock bag in my drawer which means I never wear them. And when they do find their way out...well, they end up in a messy pile. So it's a vicious cycle.

As I looked around the apartment this morning I saw a funky picture frame that I picked up at a severe discount ($2) because the back of each frame is missing. My plan was to fix it and hang it in the hallway, but that proved to be a little hard than I thought because of its configuration.

Frames are stacked on top of each other making this a 3D piece.


Because the frames had to remain open, I thought that it would make a great jewelry hanger. So I searched around and found some leftover wire and tiny nails and strung them from one end to the other.

And then I tackled the messy pile of earrings on my dresser...

And added the frame to my already hanging necklace rack...



And sat back and enjoyed a cleaner, more organized bedroom...

Best of all, this project cost me nothing to create (well, I guess it was technically $2, but I didn't have to buy anything extra to do the job). I'm very happy that I was able to use the frame because I really like it and I'm psyched that I might finally remember to wear some of the earrings I own!

Next up: Dishes. Less creative, but oh so important!

6 comments:

"Lois Grebowski" said...

What a genius idea!

flipper said...

That looks so good! I need to come up with a better idea for mine. A couple years ago everyone thought I had a great idea but it has gotten way to cluttered and its not pretty. So you have inspired me to figure something creative out soon! Your room looks great !

Linda said...

That's absolutely brilliant and it looks great! A new twist on artwork!

CrAzY Working Mom said...

Look @ you all crafty and stuff! I love it. :) Very cool.

Mo said...

creative & gorgeous!
;)

Shutterbug8162 said...

Great idea! Very creative and useful. I have my earrings in two places, and can use some organizing myself. Most are just laying in the top of my little jewelry box, the dangly ones are on a cute screen door like wall hanging.