Friday, February 05, 2010

Chicken Tiki Masala

I was just taken to lunch by a friend and colleague.  We went to a nice little Indian place in one of the popular squares near campus and I am once again struck by how different my life is from what it was just 2 years ago when I moved to MA.  I live in a cool ass place and know some pretty cool ass people!  I'm so grateful that I am brave enough to take jumps like this and that I always land on my feet in a newer, better spot.  Not everyone can say the same thing, and I'm just very lucky to be that kind of person. 

I've always wanted to try the particular restaurant and lounge we went to today.  In fact, I dated a boy from this area a few years ago and while walking through the square I saw it even then.  It's got really neat windows and light fixtures and just seems super funky cool city like.  Today I got to go!  Crossing things off my mental to-go-to list is a good feeling.

Tonight I'm going out with a friend for appetizers and drinks.  The place we're slated to go to is also one that I've wanted to try for years but never have.  I hope that this experience tonight is just as good as lunch was.

In other news, Thin Mints rock my world.

5 comments:

"Lois Grebowski" said...

oooh, it's cookie time, isn't it? Hmmmmm....

I'm so glad you're crossing good things off your to-do list as DONE!

Linda said...

Frozen Thin Mints or straight up? Either way they're delicious!

Sounds like you are definitely living the city life and becoming quite the cosmopolitan girl - good for you!

Mo said...

I think those Girl Scouts put crack or something just as addictive in their cookies. I had a box of Do-Si-Do's and they were gone in a flash and I've been wanting MORE ever since!

Glad you had a nice lunch out, to me you're brave trying and unknown Indian place.
Have a great weekend!
Mo

CrAzY Working Mom said...

I'm with Mo...those GS cookies have crack in 'em. I think they're of the devil. *LOL*

I'm excited that you're getting to do all sorts of fun stuff!!!

Travis said...

Thin Mints are the win!