Sunday, February 28, 2010

Bella's Back!!

Bella came home today. She was away from me for exactly one week. My cousin registered her in CT when she was born, and for $50 I could have her first vaccines, spaying and next set of vaccines-but she had to go back to CT. Her surgery was on Monday of last week-the original plan was that I would drive back down to CT to get her on Tuesday after work. Unfortunately, the weather people kept claiming that there would be snow and sleet either here or in CT the entire week. Today my cousin was attending a horse auction in Western MA so we decided to meet in Springfield. Let me just say, it was GOOD to see my Bella's sweet face. She talked to me the entire ride home but I was worried that she'd be distant and hissy for a few days while she settled back in. Luckily, it was quite the opposite. Immediately she rubbed up against me and purred. She ran from room to room like a kid in a candy store, looking at her home like she missed it more than anything. When I walked into another room, she'd call for me and when I answered her, she'd run over and hop into my lap. It's clear she really missed me and I'm so happy that she doesn't hate me for shipping her off for a week.

You might remember that I was planning on going to meet with my personal trainer for the first time this afternoon. After the early morning ride to get Bella and seeing how clingy she was, I decided to postpone the meeting. I'm glad, because she really did spend most of the day on my lap and when I took a nap, she layed on my tummy and slept.

I'm doing really well so far on the diet. I did cheat a little bit today-I had a couple of pieces of cheese and a teaspoon of peanut butter. I know it's not a huge cheat, but I'm disappointed because I wasn't starving when I ate them-I was bored. I was watching TV and felt like I wanted a snack and instead of being able to say no, I ate it. I have to work on this.

Tomorrow I am planning on trying to get up early to go to the gym before work. I've never really been good at doing this. I'm not a morning person, but I'm determined to make this work and because I'm going to a friends house after work tomorrow, I won't be able to go in the evening. So I'll get up, work out and come home to get ready for the day. Hopefully, I'll be able to drag my butt out of bed to get there in time.

And, with that...I'm off to bed.

5 comments:

"Lois Grebowski" said...

Glad to hear baby bella is back...

Travis said...

Don't beat yourself up for the small "cheat". It's not like you ate a whole chocolate CAKE. Just be honest with yourself and forgive yourself, then get right back into your new habits.

You're doing just fine.

Melisa with one S said...

I agree with Travis.

Also, don't forget that it takes about 3 weeks to cement a new habit, so when you start the gym, be consistent for the first three weeks; it'll get easier to get up and go AND because you'll have been consistent, you'll see changes sooner.

Melisa with one S said...

I agree with Travis.

Also, don't forget that it takes about 3 weeks to cement a new habit, so when you start the gym, be consistent for the first three weeks; it'll get easier to get up and go AND because you'll have been consistent, you'll see changes sooner.

SilverNeurotic said...

Glad Bella made it back. She's a really affectionate cat that's for sure... :)

When you go for your personal training, you should ask about exercises that don't require the gym, and not much room so you have a "back up plan" for those days you can't make it to the gym after work.