Thursday, January 28, 2010

Vacation!

I don't really care. I'll admit it: I love watching Sponge Bob and often DO. Like now, for instance. I've pulled my laptop into the living room and am sitting here in my warm fuzzy robe and big sox eating rye toast and drinking a huge cuppa cinnamon coffee. Watching Sponge Bob.

I took an extra vacation day today to get ready for my trip tomorrow. So far, it's been blissful.

I feel badly about taking a vacation day today. I feel this way because I had 10 months off and I am fairly amazed that I still want a few extra days here and there. But a good friend recently reminded me that 10 months of unemployment is not a vacation. Which I know is true. It was stressful. But, you know...I still feel that way.

Anyway, I'm going to use today to relax a little and then clean up my apartment so I come home to a nice neat home. Of course I'm going to pack too, since I'm leaving tomorrow around 7am. Oh, and a nap. I think I'll fit a nap in there before I go to cook tonight. It's gonna be a great day!

Update @ 9:55am: I just looked at the weather for tomorrow in Chicago:

Friday: A 30 percent chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 18. Wind chill values as low as -4. North northwest wind around 10 mph.

Friday Night: A 40 percent chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 12. North northeast wind around 5 mph.

6 comments:

Melisa with one S said...

I LOVE coming home to a clean house! I totally get that. I hope your cleaning time is short and your relaxing time is long and joyful today. Can't wait to see you Saturday!

"Lois Grebowski" said...

enjoy a REAL day off...tomorrow you go to chicago...Yay!!!!!!!!!

SilverNeurotic said...

I've always found a could use a day off before leaving for a vacation. Usually I don't have that luxury so enjoy it!

Bond said...

You are going to Chicago in January...expect to be cold as ice....

But it will still be fun

CrAzY Working Mom said...

I detest Sponge Bob. The voice, the laugh, it all gets on my last nerve! My kids love it. I make them watch it in their bedrooms if they want to watch, though. I just can't stomach it. *LOL*

I hope you have a blast in Chicago! Bundle up and stay warm!!!

Travis said...

This is what I'm trying to learn about PTO, otherwise known as vacation days...your employer provides them so you should take them and not feel guilty.

It's hard thought. No one is doing my work while I'm on PTO. Even if I just take one day to make a long weekend, I've got to catch up on emails and tasks when I get back. Sometimes that's more stressful than just working my time every day.

And I'll be honest...I think Spongebob is the most irritating cartoon every conceived.

Enjoy vacation!