Monday, January 18, 2010

Just 2 Post

I was supposed to be having friends over for brunch today, but because of the snow (the 4-12 inches we were supposed to have) I canceled it. I could just imagine buying all of that food and then being stuck with it when they canceled. So I was proactive. The kicker is, we didn't get all that much...but I'd rather have it this way instead of wasting a ton of money. We'll reschedule in the near future.

When I woke up I knew I still wanted a big breakfast. It's something I don't often have and it's such a nice treat. Unfortunately I did not have maple syrup and I wanted French toast. Luckily I had blueberries though-so I made a blueberry syrup and had eggs with ham and cheese mixed in. It was a nice treat. I sat at my kitchen table in my big fuzzy robe and a big cup of coffee and just relaxed. It was nice.

Today's agenda is somewhat light, but important. I HAVE to paint today. I only have the top trim and a door to do so it won't take too long, but I can not put it off any longer. I have a group of friends coming over Friday night for supper club and I want this place DONE. I'm also going to shrink wrap 5 windows, do dishes and shovel.

When people come inside the building and walk around in the "lobby" it's hard to tell if they are coming in here. It's really rather disturbing and I have to figure out a way to make it stop. I really hate the fact that people can tell if I am home or not. Today I might have to figure out a way to fix that. I think the 4th apartment we finally rented. I'm not sure how I feel about that.

I'm working on a new blog template too. This one will have 3 columns so I can put recipes and stuff on one and other things like my blogroll on the other. I'm working on the header now, and am having a lot of trouble finding one I like. Plus I can't seem to get it centered across the blog, which really stinks. Oh well...at least I have a project to work on!

Have a great Monday...I hope you have the day off!

6 comments:

SilverNeurotic said...

I like the new template, it's really cute. And the breakfast looks yummy. My mom makes that blueberry topping sometimes, it's a nice change from syrup.

Lois Grebowski said...

love the new template. breakfast looks super yummy...

Travis said...

The new template looks terrific!

Carole said...

Love the new header - it suits your blog quite well I think! Very nice.

Clancy Pants said...

Love the new template too! So spunky and cheerful!
:)

Marilyn said...

I really like the new header!... and I like the template too. I don't like how narrow my sidebars are on my blog but I'm too lazy to fix it right now.

We've been having fruit smoothies for breakfast in an attempt to eat healthier and your breakfast looks so much more awesome than mine.