Friday, January 08, 2010

I'm Going!!

It's done...I AM GOING TO CHICAGO!!!!!

Finally.  I've wanted to go for a long, long time.  Two of my work buddies are from Chicago and have suggested TONS of places for me to get food, drinks...even a place to see some jazz and listen to the blues.  I AM SO EXCITED!!!

My boss is going to Chicago on the very same day.  I did not plan this.  When I looked at his calendar, my heart dropped not because we'll be in the same city, but because I almost booked the same flight!  That would have been very awkward.  Luckily I of course have access to his flights, so I canceled them and re booked him on a different one.

I kid, I kid.  I just booked a different flight for myself.  Though we have a good working relationship, he is a rather odd bird and I couldn't imagine flying with him.  Even worse would be letting him know I was going to the same place he was...he'd for sure want to dine with me...not exactly the way I'd like to spend my first trip to Chicago.

I am SO excited....I even get to meet another blogger.  :)  (I'd like you but I'm posting remotely...I'll do that some other time.)

Now I just need to get a couple of outfits for my night time excursions...especially b/c I think I'll be going out alone.

10 comments:

Linda said...

Geez, I don't check in for a few days due to work and you're off to the Windy City for an improptu trip! Good for you!!

I'm not so sure I'd want to go to Chicago this time of year as frankly, I hear it gets even colder there than it does here but I'd love to go there and spend some time one of these days. I've only passed through a couple of times so that really doesn't count.

Be sure to take your battery charger so we get lots and lots of pictures!

CrAzY Working Mom said...

So very cool! I went to Chicago once for work and it's a very cool city and there are lots of cool places to hang out. I hope you have fun and can't wait to hear all about it. :)

Lois Grebowski said...

Have a blast! You will like Chicago. Lots to do!

Travis said...

Cool!

I've never been to Chicago. It's not really on my radar to go there.

Melisa with one S said...

Wooty Woot!

You're going to have a great time! And I can't figure out exactly which blogger you might be meeting, but I bet she's a super-nice person. :)

Desert Songbird said...

I haven't been to Chicago in years, but it is a short hop from Indianapolis, so I have been there. I love that city. The weather is atrocious, but I love that city. DEFINITELY my preference over NYC. (Sorry, Bond!)

Rocketstar said...

Is this with that 'guy' first date?

Mags said...

I should have mentioned this...I am going alone! :)

SilverNeurotic said...

That sounds like so much fun!

Marilyn said...

I've only ever switched planes in Chicago...it was odd because I actually ran into my brother-in-law at the airport. I had no idea he was even in Chicago at the time but I guess he has family there. I would love to be able to really visit the windy city.