Friday, January 29, 2010

Eating My Way Thru Chicago or I Might Need A Bigger Seat

By the time you are reading this post I am probably on my way to the airport. Today is my Chicago trip! I'm praying that the flight is not delayed or canceled. The weather here wasn't too bad last night, but the roads were really slick and my guess is around the airport it's also bad. Hopefully by the morning things will be better. I don't have a lot of time there, so getting in late would really bum me out.

I have several fun and exciting things planned including:

  • Going out for tapas with my Mo
  • Visiting the aquarium
  • Meeting Melisa w/ 1 S
  • Eating deep dish pizza while in Chicago...at the famous Lou Malnati's (Yes, we're getting the cheddar cubes!!)
  • Sneaking past a hostess on the 95th floor to see the view
  • Taking a photo in front of Wrigley Field (maybe w/ my RED Sox hat on?!)
  • Other fun stuff TBD by Melisa
  • Meeting another blogger, Lou & receiving the gift his Grannie made for me (stay tuned!)
  • EATING CHICAGO DOGS!!! (Seriously, I've waited my whole life for this! LOL)
  • Meeting a bunch of Chicagoians (how does Firefox not tell me that's misspelled?) for drinks and
  • Going to a comedy show whose cast includes a very interesting and funny blogger who I've been (mostly) secretly stalking for a few years. (I'll explain how I found him when I get back-it involves his fiance. It's really less creepy than it sounds.) I'm very excited about getting to see Whirled News Tonight. And yes. I do feel a little creepy and stalkerific. But whatever. He's just funny so if he ever reads this, he can tell his friends that he's the reason people go to the show. :)
  • Possibly more drinks with the same Chicagoians
  • Italian beef sandwiches from Al's #1 Beef

And then...back home to Boston.

Which I still love. But I wish I had more time in Chicago. Because even though I've never been there, I already love it.

Even though it's supposed to feel like -4 tomorrow.

I decided not to bring my laptop with me on this trip. Mainly because it's such a short trip and I don't want to be pulled away from all of the fun. So come back to read some old posts or browse some recipes, but I won't be here until Sunday night. Chow for now!

8 comments:

"Lois Grebowski" said...

Oh, how I wish I were with ya tasting Chicago. Hubby talks about Lou Malnati's all the time... sounds yum!

Linda said...

This sounds like such a fun trip that I bet you don't even notice you're freezing your behind off! Not that it's supposed to be that much warmer out here either, though!

A Chicago weekend sounds like such a fun time. Good for you for taking yourself on a nice little trip like this! You did bring the camera, though, right??

SilverNeurotic said...

I have to make it out there again. I've only been there once and it was only for a few hours.

CrAzY Working Mom said...

I hope you have so much fun! Mo is bringing you a hug from me. ;)

Can't wait to hear (and see) all of the fun you have!!!

Bond said...

HOPE YOU HAVE FUN!

Desert Songbird said...

Mo said he loved the tapas. Glad you two hooked up. Have loads of fun. I love Chicago; loathe the weather, though!

Palm Springs Savant said...

as a former Chicagoan, I miss it so much, but the weather is a killer. Have a fab time mags!

Travis said...

That's a full itinerary!