Monday, January 11, 2010

Babble On

I have a good friend who's very kind and sweet and he always seems to know just what to say to make me feel better. He values me as a person and generally goes out of his way to let me know he cares. I'm leery to say this these days, but I feel like I can count on him when the going gets rough and he'll be there. We talk about our dates and the people we're meeting online and when I start to feel bad about myself he tells me how great I am and how any man would be lucky to have me. I realize that perhaps this might mean he sort of likes me, but I also realize that he genuinely believe this, and for that reason, it makes me feel good.

He's the good friend I talked about in last weeks post when I told you all about the guy who didn't know much about me after a month of chatting. Last night I received an email from that guy because I blocked him from seeing me on IM. He mentioned that he hasn't seen me online lately and that he'd love to chat soon. I wrote back telling him that I am sorry, but I am no longer interested in chatting with him. When he asked me why, I told him. He replied that I was wrong, that he was very interested in getting to know me and that he's got a lot going on, that he's talking to other people and that he's sorry if he can't remember every word I said.

What an ass. I wrote back-only because it sort of pissed me off that he was implying I wanted him to remember everything about me-and told him that we all have things going on and that I too am talking to other people...but after a month of chatting he should have been able to tell me what I do for a living and at least a few things that I liked...which he could not do. He wrote back again saying that he learned lots about me and told me once more I was wrong. I didn't write back, but I wonder why, if he knows so much about me, he didn't tell me these things when I asked him.

*sigh* Is it so wrong to want someone to actually pretend to be interested in who I am as a person? For someone to ask me questions about my life just as I ask them? There are guys out there like that, right?

Yesterday my parents, my sister and my niece came to visit me for the first time. I was so excited to show them my new place. You know how hard I worked on the place, and I'm really proud of it. My Mom didn't even have anything bad to say about it!! That's a huge deal. :) Dinner was lovely. I had hummus and green olives with homemade pita chips for munchies while I was making the pasta-which went over very well. Rye Bread even ate it! I got a loaf of bread from a local baker and that too, was delicious. For dessert I made a lemon pudding cake with blueberry sauce. It's a very lowfat dessert with loads of flavor. Sort of like an angel food cake with pudding under it. It's awesome. I make it for The Family all of the time and they love it. It's the first time I've had leftovers and while I like it better warm, it's pretty darned good cold too. I'll share the recipe with you guys sometime soon. Really easy to make too.

After dinner we went shopping. My sister wanted to get paint for her bathroom (I picked up more white paint to finish the living room once and for all) and my Mom wanted to go to Macy's to buy a baby gift for one of my Dad's employees. I wanted to pick up a new scarf and hat for my Chicago trip but sadly, the prices were still too high. I found a really cute gray knit hat with matching scarf but the total was over $60! I might be naive but that just seems way too expensive. Of course my Dad offered to buy it for me, but I declined. It's always hard to mention things around my Dad b/c he likes to buy us stuff and while I do enjoy being spoiled a bit, I hate that he always does this. I feel badly. Especially b/c he just lent me money for the down payment for my car. So I did not get warm weather gear...

I just learned that my good friend Morgen will be joining me for a night in Chicago! I am SO excited to spend time with my MoMo. It's been a little over a year since I've had a Mo hug and I'm about due!! So Friday night we'll hand out in the windy city and then Saturday I'll spend the day with Melisa from Suburban Scrawl. I've chatted with her on the phone once (when she helped me with some marketing ideas for the cafe that never was) and have been reading her blog for a while. She's a super cool chick and I'm so excited to be meeting her in person. This trip, I believe, will be a giant blast of fun.

Making new memories...it's what I'm all about this year!

8 comments:

SilverNeurotic said...

I've known my boyfriend since March-and I've noticed recently that while he might remember major things (such as my family and friends), he just doesn't seem to know the kind of things I like and don't like. Like...I don't like sports, at all, yet, he gives me sports memorabilia for Christmas. Or he doesn't know the type of movies or television shows I like to watch...or at least when he mentions a movie he likes he'll immediately ask me what movies I like. Um...didn't we have this conversation yesterday?

LceeL said...

You're coming to Chicago? If you could squeeze a little time in there somewhere, I'd love to buy you a cup of coffee - or hot chocolate, if that's your preference.

Let me know, 'K?

Lois Grebowski said...

You get a Mo-hug? I'm jealous...

I'm glad everyone liked the lunch...

maryt/theteach said...

Yeah, me too, Mags! I'm jealous too! Concentrate on your real friends and the hell with assholes!! :)

CrAzY Working Mom said...

Dinner sounds awesome! So glad that you got to enjoy it with family in your new place. :)

You get Mo hugs?! I'm so envious! *sigh*

Kat said...

I agree. Would the guy have been really interested, he'd have remembered every tiny little detail you ever told him. So right you blocked him from IM.

Oh and I am sooo jealous that you get to meet my American twin sis Melisa. She is awesome indeed and knowing her, you're in for a great deal of fun. Enjoy your trip to Chicagoland

Bond said...

GRAND that the family came to visit...the guy is a turd...move on and if he contacts you again, do not respond

Marilyn said...

That is so great that Mo gets to go with you. I hope you two have a wonderful time.