Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Toosdae ?'s

Have you ever wondered why Bruce Springsteen is laughing while singing at the end of his version of Santa Claus is Coming to Town?  It actually kind of annoys me and perhaps there is a reason he's laughing, and in person it might have been funny but it doesn't translate well on the radio.  I also just realized that I spelled Claus wrong when helping the oldest girl I cook for write her letter to Santa.  What a dope.  Are you ready for some mind blowing Toosdae ?'s?!?  OK...they won't blow your mind-not even close-but they'll make me smile if you answer them, so go ahead, won'tcha?

1.  What was your most awkward gift opening experience?  Explain.

2.  What color do you feel you look the best in?

3.  Look to your left.  What do you see?

My Answers...

1.  The first year I worked at the publishing company in CT we did a Secret Santa gift swap.  When I opened mine up, there was a bottle of shampoo, conditioner and mouse.  I didn't know who gave it to me but I was mildly offended b/c I always have clean hair and thought they gave it to me b/c they felt otherwise.  So I must have looked confused and crushed while smiling.  Later I found out that the guys wife was a sales manager for a salon and the products were given to me because she knew I'd like upscale shampoo.  That's what he said, anyway.

2.  I have no idea what is really the color I look good in, but I like myself in red and green.  Red because I get a lot of compliments and green because it makes my eyes look even more green and I like that.

3.  To my left is a wall.  But on my desk I see my Magic 8 Ball, an uneaten clementine and a candy cane hanging off of my inbox.

5 comments:

Carrie said...

1. Probably the cream-colored satin shirt my mom gave me a few years ago. It had giant magenta roses all over it, and was -not- me at all. I never had to force a "wow, mom, that's great, thank you" quite so hard before. She has gotten better over the years though!

2. Royal purple or deep red. I used to have this awesome purple velvet shirt that I would wear whenever I got the chance. And deep red is my first choice when I get dressed up (as you've seen!) :)

3. A bunch of lab equipment. If I was at home, it would be the fireplace!

SilverNeurotic said...

1. What was your most awkward gift opening experience? Explain. An N'Sync cd that my mom got because "all the girls like n'sync". It was akward because 1. I was definitely a grunge girl and 2. I never followed the crowd and when I pointed that out to my mom she blamed it on a coworker.

2. What color do you feel you look the best in? Brown and red.

3. Look to your left. What do you see? My bookcase which is currently holding two bags of books that I have to unpack, my printer that needs a usb plug to use and a glass full of dry rice that my sister put on there for reasons I'm afraid to ask.

Danielle A. said...

1. Every pair of underpants that Grammy Kathy ever gave me. Especially the days of the week ones I got from her when I was 14.

2. I think green. Not entirely sure, but I think green. Or pink.

3. I see my phone, my shelf of personal cool stuff, 2 pictures of Predator UAVs, a fan, a lot of folders, a box of tissues, a calculator, 2 pens and a highlighter, a steno notepad in purple... various other cubicle goodies.

Lois Grebowski said...

1. My mother's day gift from my girls. It's the first time they got me something... I bawled. A lot!

2. Chocolate brown

3. my charlie brown christmas tree from Anthropolgie.

CrAzY Working Mom said...

Since it's Tuesday, I'm answering these questions. *LOL*

Dirty santa @ work. I opened a hideous Christmas decoration thingie...thankfully the person who brought it stole it from me 'cause I guess they could tell I was mortified.

I love black! You can never go wrong with black.

A wendy's cup, my blackberry, the remote control, and hubby's laptop (on the side table).