Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Home Sick & Stuff

I am watching Sponge Bob because there is nothing on and I was told to stay home sick today. I actually wanted to go in because I don't feel horrible but I don't feel good either, so I guess they are right. Especially because there is no one in the office and nothing is going on. I did work for a good 2 hours yesterday but after that it was just play. At least here I can stay in my pajamas and take naps.

I'm not posting Toosdae ?'s today because last week there was little activity due to the holiday. I'm assuming it would be the same today so maybe next week they will start up again.

I've decided that I am in fact going to paint my living room. It's too bad that the landlord paid to have this place painted and that he chose such an ugly color. Everything looks washed out and too bland. I suppose some people would like it and be able to live with it but I need a little pizazz. But the color I chose isn't very...pizazz-ish. It's a grayish blue color. My furniture is a grayish greenish brownish color (if that makes sense) and I have blue accents in the room. It'll work well with the red room which opens up to the living room too. My 2nd choice is a grayish green, but I think my furniture would blend into it too much. I'll be painting over the New Year break...after that, I'm doing painting. My bedroom and the office will remain this ugly color but b/c the rooms are small, they look OK. The hallway will also remain as is. I might not even paint the trim in there. We'll see.

I'm excited to think it's almost done. It's been a lot of work and I'm ready to be able to sit back and just enjoy the space. My family is visiting in a couple of weeks for the first time and I'd like everything to be done by then. Having another deadline will do me good.

I'm thinking of calling an electrician to come in to put an outlet in the bathroom and to wire the bedroom and kitchen with switches. I know it's an apartment and I shouldn't invest any money in the place, but I'm planning on living here for at least a couple of years and I feel like it will make me happier to be able to turn lights on and blow dry my hair in the bathroom without a huge cord coming from my bedroom. Does that make sense? I don't know. I wish I knew an electrician who could do it for me.

Do you have any plans for New Year's Eve?

5 comments:

Melisa with one S said...

I'm sick too! I hope you feel better!

I'm sorry; I had to chuckle at the thought of you watching Spongebob. (I watch him sometimes too. :) )

Shutterbug8162 said...

Thankfully our house shall remain Spongebob free for a few more weeks. lol.

I remember investing in the things I needed to make my apartment just right. Sometimes its just worth it. Maybe you can get the landlord to split the bill with you, seeing as if future residents will be very grateful. Worth a shot?!

Hope you feel better soon!

Lois Grebowski said...

Sounds like this house is definitely shaping up to be HOME... Feel better soon!

CrAzY Working Mom said...

So glad things are coming together for you in your new place! :) I wouldn't want that cord stretched across the place either for the blow dryer. Do you think that the landlord would be willing to do it for you? Maybe you should ask? It'd be a fire hazard otherwise, so maybe he'd look at it from that standpoint?

No plans for new years, other than eat some lucky black eyed peas. :)

I hope you have a good one.

Travis said...

I think it's great that you get a chance to paint and do things around the apartment to make it more for you.