Monday, December 14, 2009

Holy Hannah!

You would not believe the weekend I've had. Last night when I fell into bed at 11:30 it felt like I would never be able to wake. It seems like I have been going, going, going ever since I moved in last month (how has it been a month already?!). Between working both jobs, unpacking and getting settled as well as redecorating and updating the apartment...I just have not truly relaxed in a long time. This weekend was really busy because I had to get everything done before my party on Friday. This included:

Paining the trim white in the dining room

Painting the trim in the living room (I did not get this done. Only the archway is finished.)

Painting the bathroom, hanging the pictures and shelf

Putting chairs together

Setting up the Christmas tree

Dishes

Laundry (did not get it done)

Hanging pictures (did not get this done either)

I only stopped to eat and sleep this weekend. I did go to the store on Friday to return some things and to get plates and stuff for the party. Yesterday I also had to run out because I seem to have lost an entire box of Christmas items-including all of my lights. The only box they had at Target-literally, the only box-was those icicle lights that you put outside. I had to get them because the tree was up, waiting to be dressed. And with the party on Friday, I needed it done today. It didn't come out too bad-I tried to hide the white wires as best I could. I also decided not to put any of my sentimental ornaments on the tree this year. I'm not sure why, but I just did not feel like it. Instead, my tree is all red and silver. I find it funny that in this picture it looks like I photo shopped some balls in-those are just velvet covered balls and have no shine which is why they look so flat. I think.

I said velvet covered balls. :)

The bathroom is painted but I am not happy with it yet. The medicine cabinet is so ugly and gross. I want to change it but I feel like I shouldn't invest money in it. I have a mirror that I can put up and I think I'll try that-because the cabinet is really gross and I'm embarrassed to have people in there. Otherwise, I'm glad I painted it white instead of that tan fleshy color the walls have. It looks much better with the pink tiles. Which are another yuck, but what can I do about that?

I've also decided on a menu for the party. I have about 6-7 little bites in addition to 3 desserts, 2 special drinks and wine. I think it'll be a good time. 16 people are coming, which to me, is a smashing hit. Only a few people can not make it and only 1 person did not reply. Not bad, I'd say.

This has become a ramble. I am sorry. I haven't rested much. I'll come back later perhaps to tell you what food I am making. In the meantime, have a wonderful Monday!

5 comments:

LceeL said...

Yes you did. :)

My kinda woman.

Linda said...

Good Lord Almighty but this post wore me out just reading it!! Holy Hannah indeed!

And I think the red velvet covered balls look great!! ;-)

Lois Grebowski said...

you said red velvet balls
[giggle]

Marilyn said...

I love your tree, and the red wall looks nice too. I would totally be crashing your party if there was any way I could.

Mags said...

Marilyn you wouldn't have to crash because you'd be invited! If you are ever in the Boston area, you are in! :)

Red velvet balls.

I said it again.