Thursday, September 17, 2009

A New Day

Today is a new and busy day. I have just about a bazillion phone calls to make regarding the cafe. The seller is hot to trot (I love that phrase!) and calls me everyday-sometimes more than once. I understand he is anxious but at the same time, I will not be rushed. I am going to go through the steps needed to be sure that I'm not getting in over my head. Everything seems to be in order as of right now, but I just need to be sure. That being said-holy shiznit, I might own a cafe soon!

I also have to make a few calls regarding my internet. About a month ago I canceled my cable and internet package with Comcast and ordered Verizon wireless internet. I was leery about using Verizon for anything but my cell phone because every time I call they are clueless and rude. But when I called to ask a question about internet the sales person was pushy and made me feel like everything would be OK. Well...it's not OK. It doesn't work and I'm fed up. The package with my modem was lost in the mail and I had to fight to get another one sent...just a string of crap. So I'm calling to cancel it. My father was gracious enough to keep my cable for me (really, I'm not sure how we're so lucky to have such a giving father) and I just added internet back on too. The good news is that b/c I canceled and started again I got a new reduced rate. Which is weird because I've asked them to do that for me for years and they refused. Oh well...

In addition to those chores I am also baking today. I have 5 lemon cakes to bake for tomorrow's delivery to Lois for her birthday giveaway! I'm so excited to deliver them to her and can't wait to hear how her readers like the cakes. It's one of my favorites so I think they'll like it a lot. Here's hoping!

I'm doing a whole apartment cleaning too. I'll be organizing closets, getting rid of clothes I don't wear or want, cleaning floors-you name it, I'll be doing it. I just feel like I need a fresh, clean start. Plus I'll be moving in a couple of months so I might as well get a jump on things.

I'm also going to try to find a place to cut my hair. I've been driving to CT to get my hair cut because my hairdresser rocks and has been cutting my hair for years. But I'm not planning on being in CT for a little while and my hair really needs a lift. My layers have grown out and well, it's just time. I love the feeling of a fresh haircut and how good my hair looks when they style it for me. I think today I need to feel that fresh haircut feeling.

Lots of new starts coming up. I'm excited, scared, sad...but looking to the future with renewed hope and gratitude. It's a new day. Make the most of what you have...

(In other news: I woke up with "Barbie Girl" in my head. What's up with that? C'mon Barbie let's go party!)

4 comments:

Ivanhoe said...

...Ooooh oooh yayay...(finishing your Barbie song ;o)

Holly shiznit indeed. That is so exciting, Mags. Take your time, don't let anybody push you into anything you are not comfortable with.

Getting my hair cut as well. I think on Saturday. Depends if my cousin will have a time to do it.

Lois Grebowski said...

I'm so excited... you're coming to see me tomorrow, and doubly so for the cafe. I've been wishing, hoping, and praying that it all works out for you...

Kat said...

Come on Barbie let's go party...probably the good mood lifting you up. Off to new things you go. How exciting about the cafe. I hope it all works out for you. I can relate a little bit as we will hopefully sign the papers to our first house next Friday.

Travis said...

I've got my fingers crossed that the cafe is right for you.