Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Randomivity


I've found out the hard way that lots of things seem to happen on Tues, Wed, Thurs nights. Drinks, Red Sox games, Dinners...*sigh*

My heart dropped when I saw the guy arrested for recent murders in Boston-from the side he looks exactly like a boy I cooked with at The Park last year...and he's from the same city. (It's not him.)

I didn't have to eat with the family last night-there was no room at the table. Instead I stood at the counter and though I'm sure they felt badly, I felt better.

The dad's back, and of course last night's meal wasn't fabulous. The pork was funky but I think it was the cut. Tonight he's out again and this dinner will rock. Dessert too!

I love being tan. I know I'm not everybody tan but I'm Maggie tan and it makes me feel good about myself.

I really hate my nose and wish I could afford a nose job.

I'm really a big sap. There were 2 young men running with their mother in the marathon on Monday. Their shirts read "That's my Mom" with an arrow pointing to her. The back read, "My Mom's my hero." Of course, I started to cry. WTF?

I had a really hard time breathing yesterday. It was very humid out and combining that with exercise was hard for me. Thank God I had my inhaler.

I'm getting excited for Florida. I'm going to get to see at least one of my friends and that makes me happy. I'm also going to get to go to my Happy Place.

While I don't like buying used books (it skeeves me out not knowing who touched it) I DO love buying bargain books from my local bookstore. I've gotten some really great books over the last few months for $3.99-$5.99 per book!

I miss my favorite wine bar in CT. I think I'll have to go sometime soon-I'll have to save up and skimp a little elsewhere but I really want to go. Stupid, right? I'm sure there's one just like it here.

12 comments:

Ivanhoe said...

We have a Border's Outlet here & I love getting cheap books there. They are between $3-10 :o)

I'm so glad they cought the Craig's List killer. I thought about you right away when they said Boston.

Lois Grebowski said...

I would have cried at the runners too.

So what's for dinner tonight?

Clancy Pants said...

I bet Clancy tan is even whiter than Maggie tan! :)

Mags said...

Tonight's dinner is Ground Beef Stroganoff (using their farm fresh ground beef), Spring peas and for dessert a blueberry oatmeal bar with vanilla ice cream.

Desert Songbird said...

Of course dinner will rock tonight!

Palm Springs Savant said...

Mags- you should embrace your nose and be unique with it~ Its part of who you are!

Bond said...

I am sure dinner will rock...and you cry if you like....

flipper said...

1) why was there no room at the table? cause the dad was home?
2) you have a nice tan and looked very pretty this weekend
3) i thought u liked your nose from the front?
4) i prob would have cried at the shirts too-thats so cute!
5) ill go to the wine bar with you this summer!?

Thomas said...

You know what they say about a girl with a big nose...

Linda said...

I'm a big sap myself and would have gotten all choked up seeing that myself. Heck, I can't watch a parade but I get all sniffly!

Nothing wrong with missing a favorite place from time to time, even if it is in Connecticut!

I'm sure you'll have a great time in Florida. I think I'm getting a bit nervous about my trip West because it's coming up so fast and I'm so NOT ready! Add on the fact I have to work the next four days and I'm really NOT going to be ready. Yet here I sit ... on the computer!

Marilyn said...

I like used books just fine and the library is nice too but new bargain books that are all my own are the best.

I don't really tan, I just burn and so I wear lots of sunscreen and a hat and stay pale or maybe slightly brown right after a trip to the wilderness. It's just as well; My Mom has already had skin cancer.

I'm glad it wasn't the same guy.

I'm glad you're more comfortable at the cooking job.

I miss wine but I don't drink much any more and if I bought a bottle I'd drink the whole thing.

Travis said...

I don't think it's stupid to yearn for the places we know and like.