Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Randomivity


I dislike being ignored. Very much.

I started going tanning again. I used to do it a lot and then stopped for several reasons. I've been very down lately and thought that by getting some rays and color would make me feel a little better. I was right.

Monday's are my worst days-because I know that I should be getting up and hating Monday's for another reason.

I've been watching my carb intake lately as I did years ago (when I lost 40 pounds) and have remembered how much I enjoy Breyer's low carb ice cream. It's a very good treat now and then when you're trying to limit high carb foods.

It's hard to have a can of Redi Whip in the house and not spray a little in your mouth. It's not very lady like, I know, but...honestly? It's hard.


I've been walking about 1.5 miles a day, which is nice-but it's been really, really cold and windy. I also only have a couple of pairs of workout pants and feel like a bum wearing them all of the time.
I am not using weight loss pills
I love the show "What Would You Do?". It's very interesting.

11 comments:

Kat said...

Wow you're really taking good care of yourself. Walking and watching your carbs intake. I admire you.

Being ignored sucks big time. Makes me want to jump right into people's faces.

P.S. Don't tell anyone. I drink milk from the carton at night and always figure it's ok because I am the only one in our household to drink milk. Also not very ladylike ;)

silverneurotic said...

I really need to start exercising, or even just walking (though, there's not a whole lot of places nearby to walk). I'd love to live in a city where there's sidewalks and such.

Lois Grebowski said...

I'm with you on the reddi-whip.

My first memory of stepdaughter Mabel was walking past the bedroom door and seeing her lying in bed, watching TV, and spraying easy cheese into her mouth. LOL!

Lois Grebowski said...

I'm with you on the reddi-whip.

My first memory of stepdaughter Mabel was walking past the bedroom door and seeing her lying in bed, watching TV, and spraying easy cheese into her mouth. LOL!

Thomas said...

Too bad you don't have a treadmill. Many years ago, I'd take walks around the neighborhood even when it was relatively cold out. Thankfully, with a treadmill, those days are in the past. Keep it up, though. Spring is just a few weeks away. :)

Ivanhoe said...

I'm glad you are taking a good care of yourself. Tanning, hair, nails, etc. always makes me feel good about myself as well :o) Even though I'm not doing it enough (like only twice a year???)

Marilyn said...

I thought that was standard redi-whip procedure.

Bond said...

Having a tan always makes me feel more healthy

Go on suck on the Redi-Whip can...It is your right!

maryt/theteach said...

Hey, mags, who ignores you? No, really? My family kids me about spraying Redi-Whip in my mouth... Ha! :)

FRIGGA said...

I don't like being ignored either.

Screw being lady like - double time if it's the chocolate whip cream! :-0...

There's a show called "What Would You Do?" Hmmmm....

Linda said...

If I ever have a can of Reddi-Whip in the house, Amanda gets to it long before I can! Teenagers are the pits sometimes!

Good for you on the walking every day! I wish I had your ambition but being a wimp, I am waiting for some warmer weather before I venture out looking like a local bag lady no doubt!