Thursday, October 09, 2008

Thursday 13=6, 1, 6



Thirteen Things:
6 Things I Haven't Learned, 1 Thing I Am Currently Learning &
6 Things I Have Already Learned


1. How to play the piano

2. How to stick to a budget

3. How to keep a best friend

4. How to forget after I forgive

5. How to take a good picture at night

6. How to make edible AND pretty fudge

7. How to carve out my own place in the world

8. That you can't pick who you love

9. How to make a souffle

10. That words don't always mean what I think they mean

11. That the sound of a child's laughter can heal almost anything-even if it's only for a moment

12. Anyone can start from now and make a new beginning

13. Having a good haircut is directly related to how I feel about my looks


Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

8 comments:

Lois Grebowski said...

::Shakes head in agreement:

That list will be all blue soon!

Desert Songbird said...

You know, some people NEVER learn some of these things.

~Just Me~ said...

Great List. #13 is soooo true.

crazy working mom said...

Very well said, and SO true about the child's laughter! :)
This is a great list, Mags. Best of luck on those you haven't accomplished.


My TT ~ My CrAzY Wednesday (Morning)

Mo said...

I hope I'm in category #8 and not #3.

Marilyn said...

Maybe I really ought to splurge on a good haircut... and it doesn't matter what fudge looks like, to me.

kristarella said...

I can't help you with the more significant ones, but for taking night photos the best thing to do is not touch your camera. So, put it on a tripod or a table or something and put it on a timer so that you don't shake the camera when you press the shutter. (Sometimes I also hold my breath and stand very still so I don't shake the floor :P)

Thomas said...

I don't know if it's truly possible to forget after forgiving, well, unless you get dementia later in life, but who wants that?