Thursday, October 23, 2008

Staying Put

While walking around my neighborhood last night I looked around and realized that I don't want to move. I love my location, it's proximity to everything and it's energy. I love that I can walk around at night and feel safe because there are always people around. I love that the T is right outside of my door and I can be downtown in 15 minutes.

I love my apartment. Even though the kitchen is small.

I love my high ceilings and the crown molding over the doorways and the long, tall windows.

I love my bedroom and how it overlooks the interior of the brick building.

And I love my view-my city so bright and shiny waiting for me every night.

Perhaps it's just because it's my first apartment in Boston and I truly love it here, but this just feels right. It feels like I belong here and I'm not ready to give that up.

Even for a free, off-street parking space, central air and a kitchen. That place is too cookie cutter, too much like the house I just left. And it's too far away from city life.

And so...I stay. For at least another year.

Here's to a freakin' hot apartment, circling the block for hours to find an open parking spot, juggling pots and pans when making a cake and lots and lots of good times...

15 comments:

Star8278 said...

Whooo hoooo....

I bet it feels good to have made the decision. And just think of all the moving expenses you saved. I'd say that calls for some celebration.

P.S. I don't sell Mary Kay anymore. I stunk at calling people and forcing them to buy stuff. lol.

Melisa said...

I agree, just the final decision being made has to be a relief. And it is a really cute, nice place. You need to print out this post and put it somewhere where it's available should you need to remind yourself how much you love living there!

Rocketstar said...

It's great that it worked out, just think back to all of the crap youo had to deal with having the house.

Clancy in Idaho said...

Awesome! I'm glad that you've made a decision. Fence sitting is generally way harder than deciding so I bet you feel better. Congratulations for loving your life!

Lois Grebowski said...

you go girl... and the best part about it is that you don't have to pack up all your stuff and move!

Mo said...

Well, a bigger kitchen would have been sweet, but YAY to not having to move!!!!

You know, I never did get a pic of the cool architectural detail above the front door of your apt building! You should show that sometime! (just the details like the lions, not the address)

And I agree with previous commenters - it's gotta feel good to have made a decision!

Desert Songbird said...

You gotta do what you feel is right for you. You'll make the adjustments to feel comfortable, and when the time is right, you'll move if you think it's for the best.

FRIGGA said...

Moving is a major pain anyway!

Ivanhoe said...

Here's to another happy year at your "old" place! :o)

Bond said...

Happy Year 2!

SS+1 said...

Your building looks like it is overflowing with personality. I can definitely see why you'd stay :) Congrats!

mauniejames3 said...

Oh good for you honey...and just think of the expense of moving you don't have to worry about...now have a huge staying put party to seal the deal...for me....anything
chocolate...loves and hugs

Linda said...

I don't blame you at all for staying right where you are - you have a lovely little apartment and I think the positives definitely outweigh the negatives in this case.

I'd have a very hard time giving up that crown molding myself!

Marilyn said...

Well, if it feels right, then that's where you belong. Happiness is worth a lot of hassle.

Mary Tyler Moore wouldn't live in anything cookie cutter.

Travis said...

Hurrah for a well considered decision that makes you happy!