Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Randomivity

I called the gas company and found out they'd charge me $176 per month for heat and hot water in that 1 bedroom apartment, so I told the landlord I was not going to take it. Then I found a 2 bedroom across the street from my office that has wood floors, a big kitchen, central air/heat, a new bathroom and a free parking space off of the road.

I miss kissing.

Supper club was the best idea I've had at work so far. It's so fun and I get to cook and create meals as well as make new friends.

If I get this new apartment I am having a house warming/Christmas party. It's been a while since I've had people over for that kind of thing.

Tonight is drinks up the street with a bunch of people from the group. Should be fun and or interesting. Either way it's me getting out and meeting people, and that's what I love the most about this place.

I got free Bruins tickets for a game next month. They are really good seats, too-which is surprising!

If I move, I'm really going to miss my view, my bedroom and the sound of the T across the street. But I'm going to love the $125 in rent per month that I'll be saving and also the fact that I won't have to search for hours for a parking space.

And also, I would walk to work everyday.

It's hysterical to watch someones face when you tell them they were a naked smurf.

The Magic 8 Ball has not been my friend lately.

Seeing the mean girls reaction to my putting a big ass plant in the hole in our wall to block her view of my computer was both funny and gratifying.

Boys should not get their hair cut in shady shops in Chinatown. Girls should not eat yellow Asian berries from said boy after he admits the shadiness.

Today is my Papa's birthday. I miss him everyday, and wish that he had seen the things I've done these past few years. I think he would have gotten a kick out of the adult me.

14 comments:

Melisa said...

Wow, that apartment sounds pretty good! Walking to work would be fabulous: you'll be saving not only rent money but gas $$ too! Keeping my fingers crossed for ya!

Star8278 said...

Yeah for the new apartment!!! That sounds too good to be true. Hope it all works out for you.

Brian in Mpls said...

What did the magic eightball say?

Kat said...

Fingers crossed. I hope you get the apartment.

Don't you just hate it when people in work stare at your monitor? It makes me so mad. Moving desks soon so I will once again sit in plain view. Aaargh

Lois Grebowski said...

WOO HOO on the new apartment. have fun with your drinks buddies.

*behave*

::wink::

mauniejames3 said...

It sounds perfect for you...I've got everything crossed (even my eyes) that you get it...walking to work...terrific...love and a big hug.

Rocketstar said...

Naked Smurf?

Marilyn said...

And commute time seems so wasted, so saving on that'll be nice. If I couldn't work from home I think I'd want to live close. Actually, I think I'd rather just live close. I'm kind of tired of not being able to escape my job.

Mo said...

I miss my grandparents every day, too.

Walking to work is the best, especially when it snows out!

I say we kill the fucking Magic 8 ball.

Mo said...

ps - I had to read the sentence about the plant a couple times - at first I thought it was a big "ass plant" instead of a "big ass" plant. Ha!
I was picturing a big ass sticking out of some leaves in a pot.

FRIGGA said...

Ooh that apartment sounds great - I really hope you get it!!

I also miss kissing... It's only been a few weeks, but still - it's one of my favorite pasttimes ;-0

Happy Birthday to your Papa, I'm sure he's been with you these past several years and has seen it all for himself (and no doubt gets a kick outta the adult you!). :)

Desert Songbird said...

I agree with Mo about the big "ass plant" v. "big ass" plant. I thought it was just me!

I miss kissing, too. Sigh.

crazy working mom said...

*LOL* @ Mo!

I was gonna say...I really miss my grandparents. I so wish they could've met my children!

Travis said...

Good luck with the new apartment.