Monday, October 13, 2008

Manic Monday: Moon

This weeks Manic Monday word is Moon. Be sure to visit Morgen over at the Manic Monday Blog to find out who else is playing along!

My first thought when I think of the word moon are my favorite cousins because that is their last name. They are the daughters of my favorite aunt and were just the cutest little girls. Of course, it helped that they adored me too, but even if they hadn't, I still would have loved them!

Because my family lives in CT, they were always far away from us so visits were fun. I'd sit on the floor for hours with them coloring and playing games or we'd go outside and play hopscotch or walk to the park. I wanted to squeeze as much time with them in as possible. They're older now, but still quite adorable-I stole these pictures from one of their facebook profiles...
Above: Moon #1-she looks just like my aunt here except with straight hair. I could just eat her up!
Above: Moon #1 and here sister #2-who Rye Bread looks a lot like-and my uncle, their father.
Above: The girls and Rye Bread. They love her as much as I love them-she Rye thinks the sun rises and sets by them. PS. I hated that stupid frog.
Above: Moons under the table. Probably at Thanksgiving. We always played under the tables then.

13 comments:

Lois Grebowski said...

Cute kids!And now they're all growed up? ::sigh::

They do grow fast...

Villager said...

Happy MM! Great that you're able to talk about family memories as part of this week's meme...

I invite your blog readers to see my tribute to the Negro Space Program!

peace, Villager

Rocketstar said...

The moon makes me think of why we are here. Why is there a giant rock (the moon) orbiting the Earth, why?

crazy working mom said...

Is that one of those Leapster Frogs?! They are annoying. *LOL*

They are cutie pies.

Happy MM, Mags. Mine is here.

mauniejames3 said...

How adorable and sweet...
The moon makes me think of the giant connection we all have...wherever you are, we are under the same moon. When we were in Hawaii I thought the moon was the most beautiful I had ever seen.
My sister in law saw the same moon the same night over Nahant beach and swore it was the most beautiful ever...the moon

~Just Me~ said...

Aww, nice shots!

Ivanhoe said...

You have Moons in the family? That was an easy MM post for you than :o) Sometimes I wish I had cousins...

Jamie said...

Absolutely beautiful children. Being a genealogy and history nut, I couldn't help but wonder on the origin of the surname "Moon". There is an interesting story there somewhere.

the teach said...

Adorable Moon family, Mags! Happy MM to you! :)

Linda said...

I don't think I'd care for the frog either; frogs kinda creep me out a bit and I am positive that the big ones at the Chanticlair Golf Course eat wayward golf balls that get to close their part of the water trap!

Of course, that has nothing to do with your Moon post and your very cute cousins. I bet their parents think the sun rises and sets on their cute little moons!

Travis said...

Cute kids!

Mo said...

I had to do a double-take, because I thought moon #1 only had one leg...
I used to have a cat named Mooney, but never knew anyone whose last name was Moon.

Thomas said...

I love da Putt Putt! Only problem is I always lose my balls.