Friday, October 24, 2008

As Seen on Craigslist...

Offering a pair of new men's sneakers. Never worn. Size is 10-11. Color is orange.

Very sturdy with 3/4" thick sole

These are GENUINE PRISON ISSUE ! ! !

Be the first in your family (hopefully) to own a pair.

Purchased for use as a gag gift. Served the purpose. Now time for someone else to have fun with them -- or wear them yourself, if you don't mind being stopped by the police. :)

Would like picked up ASAP

*********************************

Why do I feel like these are actual sneakers from someone who escaped from prison and they need to get rid of the evidence? I fully expect to see this person on a "Worlds Stupidest Criminals" saying that they were in the clear until a local cop saw the ad and responded...

They're probably really just a gag gift-but still, it would be funny if I was right.

13 comments:

Lois Grebowski said...

hon, in this day and age, you could be right -- VERY right...takes all types.

I need to check out Craig's list... Never really visited that site.

Rocketstar said...

Orange sneakers, no thanks

paige said...

pretty darn funny actually
and...rocket, don't go dissing orange sneakers
I have a pair, granted not from any sort of correctional institute. I have orange high top converse. well I guess one could argue that they are cons....

Desert Songbird said...

Just be glad it doesn't come with pink box shorts, which is what our local jail issues!

Kat said...

Purchased for use as a gag gift? What kind of gag would that have been I wonder?

Mo said...

I need to start reading other city's Craigs List --- ours is so deadly dull by comparison.
But they'd be good for a Halloween costume, I'd bet!

FRIGGA said...

How mean would it be to give them to somebody who didn't have a clue where they came from :-0

Happy Friday!! :)

Linda said...

I could just hear Amanda saying "Mom, can we get them?!?" She would think that something like that was totally cool but that's my daughter for ya!

Bond said...

HEY ...Is that where my cool orange sneakers went???

I mean... nope, sorry never seen em before..

heheehehehe

Palm Springs Savant said...

that is something I would donate to a local resale shop. people do the strangest things. Maybe its more of a secret coded message for an international spy...

Now THAT seems more exciting.

mauniejames3 said...

oldest son has gotten tons of stuff free from Craigs list...I think Boston is terrific for people getting rid of things from furnature to sets of books...great stuff. I look at it all the time..no orange sneakers for me though.

Casey said...

How else would prison issued shoes make it onto Craigslist if it weren't for an escapee? Strange!

Clancy in Idaho said...

That's hilarious! If Mo thinks his city's Craigslist is boring, he should see where I live. Come on... Idaho's Craigslist? LOL!