Monday, September 01, 2008

I Totally Thought It Was Sunday

I went down to Connecticut on Sunday to spend the day with my family. We went to the beach in RI. In fact, I was only about 15 minutes away from the house a bunch of us bloggers rented in a couple of weeks. Callie, I'm afraid the water was a bit cold. Hopefully it'll stay this temperature all week so that we can get you in that ocean!!

Today I had a "catering" job in CT. My clients were married yesterday and since today was a holiday, they had a picnic for all of their out of town guests. It was a pretty easy gig. I didn't have to shop, plan, prep or clean. All I had to do was set up and cook the food.


On our initial meeting, the bride (well, if I am to be honest, both of them could technically be considered brides) mentioned her love of chocolate and that perhaps they would make s'mores. Because I was anxious to use it, and also because I thought her guests would get a kick out of it, I offered up my chocolate fountain. It was a smashing success...

Overall, it was a nice day. The start was a little rocky because the venue we used was first used by a biker rally. So, we couldn't set up early like we thought we could. Additionally, my clients were late getting to the picnic location so it was sort of a cluster F&*$ in the beginning. I SO hate disorganization. But once we had everything there, it went smoothly.

Now, I'm home and I'm pretty tired. I've gotten up early the last few days, and drove quite a bit over the weekend. When I got back to Boston, I had to clean up a bit because I'm being invaded tomorrow-by CLAIRE! Wahoo!!!! I'll be picking the snarky redhead up from the airport tomorrow after work. I'll be sure to give you the unauthorized version of what she's *really* like. ;)

9 comments:

Clancy in Idaho said...

Way to go! I love hearing that you had a "catering" job! You are so cute!

Callie Ann Hanson said...

Snarky,,, give her a noogie for me would ya!!! Bwahahahahah

Erik said...

What's this?? A trip to CT with the chocolate fountain and I wasn't informed?? LOL, at least we had great weather this holiday weekend... >;-)

Lois Grebowski said...

A picnic reception wasb a perfect idea!

Linda said...

You couldn't have asked for nicer weather, that's for sure!

Mo said...

Cool picnic catering.
Hope you passed out your catering business cards to all the guests!

And snark-alert! Can't wait to see pics of the two of you together!!!!!
Yippeeeee! That means you'll be coming to the airport to get ME soon!!!!!

Give Red a big HUG from me!

Marilyn said...

Yay! Your upcoming vacation is going to be so much fun... except some of my favorite bloggers will be vacationing so I'll mostly be talking to myself.

The chocolate fountain looks so neat. And the wedding guests are in shorts! That sounds like my kind of wedding.

Desert Songbird said...

That chocolate fountain? Mmmmmm...

Travis said...

You own a chocolate fountain?

**blink**

Pam and I may have to adopt you.